Cannot save file as .jpg when using MS Paint

I often use the "streach\skew" fuction in Paint to resize my photos and saving
in .jpg format. I tried to do this yesterday and the .jpg selection was not
there. The only available file formats to save edited .bmp files in Paint are
24 bit .bmp, 16 color .bmp, 256 color .bmp, monochrome and .gif. What can I
do to bring back having the ability to save as a .jpg file? Thank you in
advance.

-=Ron

Check out these links to Microsoft Knowledge base articles. They should help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298580
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299953

Jeff S.

Install the graphics filter from tip 3550 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

"Ron Yuen" <ryuen@aloha.net> wrote in message
>I often use the "streach\skew" fuction in Paint to resize my photos and
>saving
> in .jpg format. I tried to do this yesterday and the .jpg selection
> was not
> there. The only available file formats to save edited .bmp files in
> Paint are
> 24 bit .bmp, 16 color .bmp, 256 color .bmp, monochrome and .gif. What
> can I
> do to bring back having the ability to save as a .jpg file? Thank you
> in
> advance.
>
> -=Ron

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-uk;298580