Computer freezes when changing file location

The problem I am running into is this

When using Microsoft Office and you click file save, as soon as you hit the
drop down box to change the file location the computer locks. I still have
control of the mouse but nothing else. Running W2k. Thank you in advance for
your help and efforts.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer freezes changing file location

    Open "My Computer" r-click and Disconnect any drives with a RED "X".

    T. Geist wrote:

    > The problem I am running into is this
    >
    > When using Microsoft Office and you click file save, as soon as you hit the
    > drop down box to change the file location the computer locks. I still have
    > control of the mouse but nothing else. Running W2k. Thank you in advance for
    > your help and efforts.

Computers Microsoft Windows