  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 5:33:23 PM

On a windows 2000 pro machine, when you have a folder with jpg images and
you click the thumbnail view, it shows the image of the extension icon and
not the image. Also, when in the My Pictures folder, it shows the preview
window in the bottom but not in any other folder. What setting needs to be
selected/enabled for thumbnail view to show a preview instead of the icon.

More about : thumbnail view

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 2:17:48 AM

A thumbnail image only works with supported file types such as bmp, gif, jpg, some tif and others. You set a folder to display them using the View Menu in Windows Explorer. It's a little tricky because it doesn't work all that well but fight with it a bit you'll get it. Refresh a few times...

Now if your thumbnail previews do NOT appear in My Pictures this is a result of image software you've installed that has chged the association for jpegs in the registry. This will fix it:

George Hester