Error 5513

I am getting the following error every 2 hours in the system log on the event
veiwer on Win 2000 server:

The computer SH.... Tried to connect to the server \\shh... using the trust
relationship established by the SH..domain. However, the computer lost the
correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was reconfigured.
Reestablish the trust relationship.

How do I do that?

John

> The computer SH.... Tried to connect to the server \\shh... using the trust
> relationship established by the SH..domain. However, the computer lost the
> correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was reconfigured.
> Reestablish the trust relationship.
>
> How do I do that?

4th question in the first section ....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/security/security_faq.mspx

Use netdom to delete the old external trust - then create a new one

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q260575

--
Daniel Hicks
danjr@voyager.net

johnroll wrote:

> "Daniel Hicks" wrote:
>

>>>The computer SH.... Tried to connect to the server \\shh... using the trust
>>>relationship established by the SH..domain. However, the computer lost the
>>>correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was reconfigured.
>>>Reestablish the trust relationship.
>>>
>>>How do I do that?
>>>

>>4th question in the first section ....
>>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/security/security_faq.mspx
>>
>>Use netdom to delete the old external trust - then create a new one
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q260575
>>

>>--
>>Daniel Hicks
>>danjr@voyager.net
>>

>>I am new at the network "game"... do I run netdom on the computer (first one mentioned in the error message) or on the server?

The computer ..... "The Netdom tool resets the account password on the
computer locally (known as a "local secret") and writes this change to
the computer's computer account object on a Windows domain controller
that resides in the same domain."

Also .... "Because you cannot use Netdom remotely, you must run the tool
from the Windows-based computer whose password you want to change. In
addition, you must have administrative permissions locally and on the
computer account's object in Active Directory to run Netdom."

> I am new at the network "game"...

Who initially set this up? Perhaps it would best if they were to do this.