request for help

Hi all,
I have a windows xp machine with SP2.
When I run the add/remove program from control panel ,
the following error is coing:
xp value creation failed " at line 451

Hence I am unable to uninstall any program.

Please help me.

Regards
sugunakar.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:51:11 +0530, sugun wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a windows xp machine with SP2.
> When I run the add/remove program from control panel ,
> the following error is coing:
> xp value creation failed " at line 451
>
> Hence I am unable to uninstall any program.
>
> Please help me.
>
> Regards
> sugunakar.

The following MS Knowledge Base article is similar to your error. While
your message is citing line 451, reading search results from google.com
seem to indicate that the error is related to the same problem and the fix
should be the same.

Error When You Open Add or Remove Programs: 'Value Creation Failed " At
Line 410'
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823768

Meanwhile and in most cases, you can still install programs by running
their setup.exe file instead of using Add/Remove Programs.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Try running System File Checker. It will scan for and repair corrupt system
files. Pop your XP CD into the CD-Rom drive and exit the installer screen.
Then go to Start->Run and type SFC /SCANNOW. Click Ok. Let SFC do it's scan.
When finished remove the CD and reboot.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"sugun" <sugun123@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Hi all,
| I have a windows xp machine with SP2.
| When I run the add/remove program from control panel ,
| the following error is coing:
| xp value creation failed " at line 451
|
| Hence I am unable to uninstall any program.
|
| Please help me.
|
| Regards
| sugunakar.

Dear all,

Thanks to Sharon and harry.

The solution given by sharon is working perfectly.
I copied the said shellsys.dll file to the said path and it started working.

Cheers,
sugun.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:25:59 +0530, sugun wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Thanks to Sharon and harry.
>
> The solution given by sharon is working perfectly.
> I copied the said shellsys.dll file to the said path and it started working.
>
> Cheers,
> sugun.

You're very welcome!

--