Unsafe removal of device

Boogieman

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

I have Windows 2000 istalled on my job and it's connected with laser
printer. The printer works ok, but the problem is annoying messagebox
that pops up every few minutes and disrupts everything I work.
I took a screenshot and you can see it here :
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/boogi3man/picture001.jpg

It says something about Unsafe removal of device, but I didn't touch any
device, and nobody else did, at least not at the time it pops up.
How do we get rid of this annoying popup ? Should we turn off some
service and won't that disrupt printer working ?

> I have Windows 2000 istalled on my job and it's connected with laser
> printer. The printer works ok, but the problem is annoying messagebox
> that pops up every few minutes and disrupts everything I work.
> I took a screenshot and you can see it here :
> http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/boogi3man/picture001.jpg

Does this occur when your computer wakes from standby mode, or perhaps
hibernation? Or does it occur randomly, at any given time? Which
Service Pack are you using? There were some issues related to this that
were corrected in Service Packs.

Try plugging the device into another USB port, or perhaps changing the
cable, or both. It could be an issue with that particular port that you
are plugged into.

For what it's worth, an amusing little post on this subject.
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2003/12/16/43890.aspx

Boogieman

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:19:42 -0400, Daniel Hicks wrote:

> Does this occur when your computer wakes from standby mode, or perhaps
> hibernation? Or does it occur randomly, at any given time? Which
> Service Pack are you using? There were some issues related to this that
> were corrected in Service Packs.

It occurs randomly and we are using SP2 but I don't have rights to
istall anything and my boss doesn't want to do that neither