Last response: in CPUs
December 25, 2006 5:34:04 AM

More about : entry level gaming

December 25, 2006 6:03:53 AM

Quote:
For entry level, this will work.

Cool
December 25, 2006 6:07:44 AM

Will you get a Separate Fan? and Thermal paste?
Related resources
December 25, 2006 6:09:42 AM

Quote:

cpu fan is included in a bundle and I'm ordering xtra case fans.. thermal paste is new to me, might as well
December 26, 2006 11:29:15 AM

Quote:

cpu fan is included in a bundle and I'm ordering xtra case fans.. thermal paste is new to me, might as well

Although San Diegos don't burn too hot you might wanna consider investing a few bucks on a good air HSF. If you shop around you can find an Arctic Freezer for the price of a good lunch. If you intend on OC, then Scythe Infinity/Ninja, Tuniq 120, BT etc. are the way to go. And make sure you get Arctic Silver! Best few bucks you can spend.
December 26, 2006 12:11:52 PM

Cut back on the Processor and get a Nvidia 7600 GS. The 7300 GS not only use TurboCache (which is system RAM) but most often suffer from a 64bit wide bus only too.
December 26, 2006 3:24:07 PM

You may want to seriously reconsider the case / PS.

The box looks snazzy, but the quality of the PS is very questionable.

Total price of $30 for case and 450W PS is too low to ensure a good, reliable PS that will actually put out rated power.

You do get what you pay for, and many hard to trouble-shoot problems result from bad PS. Not to mention a real possibility of frying your system if does fail due to overload of low-quality components in the PS.

The other point you may wish to consider is that Socket 939 is obsolete and the price difference between a system like selected and a low end AM2 system is not that big. You would get much longer usefull life with a better upgrade path from a Socket AM2 box.

Hope this helps.
!