Event ID: 7000
Date: 3/10/2005
Time: 9:51:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
The World Standard Teletext Codec service failed to start due to the
following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
has no enabled devices associated with it.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 3/10/2005
Time: 9:51:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
The NABTS/FEC VBI Codec service failed to start due to the following error:

Date: 3/10/2005
Time: 9:51:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
The Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter service failed to start

Date: 3/10/2005
Time: 9:51:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
The BDA MPE Filter service failed to start due to the following error:

Date: 3/10/2005
Time: 9:51:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
The Closed Caption Decoder service failed to start due to the following
error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
has no enabled devices associated with it.

codigo

"Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason after doing an automatic system update I am now getting
> multiple error messages on our fully patched Windows 2k Terminal Server. I
> can't seem to figure out what the cause of this problem is.

World Standard Teletext Codec, NABTS/FEC VBI Codec, Microsoft Streaming
Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter, BDA MPE Filter and Closed Caption Decoder are
all components of DirectX associated with a TV-in display adapter.

Is there any chance you've installed a display adapter driver that doesn't
match the hardware? Open device manager, view menu, show hidden devices,
delete the phantom entries and reboot.

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

I have re-installed video card and all drivers associated with the
intergrated video card and still get the same errors upon reboot.

I assume this is more a direct x issue as I can not run any direct draw or
direct 3d tests..

Any ideas>??