where is my ntbackup report(s)?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 28, 2005 1:16:00 PM

Created a backup job using the GUI.
Ran it using task scheduler for a while.
created a batch to run ntbackup using the GUI created job under scheduled
tasks
(deleted the gui scheduled task.)
Where should the report be? My GUI run job logs are in the default
locations but new ones arent created since running the gui job from a batch
file.
Thank you.

More about : ntbackup report

April 29, 2005 3:24:19 PM

jd wrote:
> Created a backup job using the GUI.
> Ran it using task scheduler for a while.
> created a batch to run ntbackup using the GUI created job under scheduled
> tasks
> (deleted the gui scheduled task.)
> Where should the report be? My GUI run job logs are in the default
> locations but new ones arent created since running the gui job from a batch
> file.

They should be under the profile of the user that the job
ran as. eg if it ran as Administrator it would be in the
Administrator's profile, if it ran as JoeBlow, it would be
in JoeBlow's profile.

Search for backup*.log in "Documents and Settings".

Cheers,

Cliff

July 13, 2009 2:35:36 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data

It will be under the profile of which user the back is set up to run under. In this case, "Administrator" is the profile.

This is also the default location for your BKS (Backup Script) file.
March 25, 2013 8:39:32 AM

Locatino may be
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data
!