Christmas Presents/"Toys"?

Any one get a QX6700?
Any one get a ATI Radeon 1950XTX?
Any one GeForce 8800 GTX?
Crossfire 8O ?
SLi :o ?
Quad-Sli 8O ?
Well I didn't get anything because I don't celebrate Christmas but I just want to hear what everyone who does had got.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays To Everybody :D !!!
123 answers Last reply
More about christmas presents quot toys quot
  1. uhhh.....why is this in "cpus"??
  2. I am getting a new 20' monitor, ordering soon!! :) :)
  3. I didn't get anything for Christmas as I'm currently awaiting the release of the R600. :)
  4. the pc in my sig, a Viewsonic VX922 monitor, a Razer Copperhead (im left handed, so no G7 for me), a Razer Tarantula, and a Razer Mantis mouse pad. and what did i give? a crapload of credit card debt to alot of people. sadl most of it is still in the mail. :cry:
  5. I hope to get a very modest 4200+ to replace my 3000+ :oops:
  6. i got insence, a couple of norma jean cd's, some cash, and i find out what my gf got me when she comes over.
  7. Ah, my sig is currently down! Here goes:

Silverstone SST-TJ07-BW Case
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 watt
    eVGA nForce 680i motherboard
    E6700 @ 2.66 GHz (will oc once I get this)
    2GB Cosair XMS2 DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-12
    GeForce 8800 GTX
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
    2x 320 GB Seagate Barracudas

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (came with the 8800 GTX)
    Company of Heroes
    The Battle for Middle-Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-King

Some gift cards, cash, movies, only two things of clothes!, and the new Dune book by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.

I have $55 to Circuit City, $40 to Wal-Mart, and $20 cash. I'm thinking of buying a large CD/DVD case (starting to accumulate a good number), but what should I buy in the way of new games?
  8. Thankfully i didn't get any of those mentioned in the OP, since i believe they are all a waste of money to me.

Quote:
    I am getting a new 20' monitor, ordering soon!! :) :)

I went from 17" to 21", trust me when I say you are gonna like it .

I bought my dad a 22" widescreen for xmas :) It's massive! His old one was a 15"
  9. Quote:
    Any one get a QX6700?
    Any one get a ATI Radeon 1950XTX?
    Any one GeForce 8800 GTX?
    Crossfire 8O ?
    SLi :o ?
    Quad-Sli 8O ?
    Well I didn't get anything because I don't celebrate Christmas but I just want to hear what everyone who does had got.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays To Everybody :D !!!
    I got a beastly..19"(Viewsonic) CRT...electricity sucker(my choice). I like CRT better. Been using my NEC 17" since 2001... still great, but wanted a bit bigger. I ordered a 17" LCD....then returned it. Maybe in a few more years, or if/when they bring OLED to monitors. :)
  10. i got this

im happy
  11. Quote:
    Very cool ....

I also got a 8 piece souffle set, an all-clad non-stick set, and a Toshiba portable DVD player.... it was a good x-mas.

My wife tried to get me Dark Messiah but she got confused and got me Marrowind game of the year edition -- which I already have... will need to make a trip back to best-buy.

Jack
    Same here. Apparantly Santa thought i was a very good boy. Fooled him. :wink:
  12. Quote:

30gb or 80gb? I have the 80gb version, got it a couple days after it was released, the only thing that sucks is that ipodlinux isnt supported for the 5.5 gen ipods yet.
  13. i got the 30gb

its enough for me, i am a Music Freak though

-im saving for a second 7900gs SLI this mother

for a 180$ card its a great performer
  14. I got a X6800, two 8800GTXs, a P5W DH and a copy of Vista.

I got a book. Totally saw it coming.
  15. Yeah well I know I wasn't a good boy, but I got presents anyway. Sin Episodes for one, and good on my wife for getting it for me. She didn't ask, and I'm pretty picky. I only play FPS's and I only play the cream of the crop. I usually get the games I want shortly after they come out, but with SiN, I always had another game on the go. Funny though, I never mentioned it to her, and even if I had, she wouldn't have remembered, she's just not into that sort of thing. I also got an electric razor, and some books in a new (new to me anyways) fantasy series. Sort of a fantasy buff, love Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, R.R. Martin, Tolkien of course. No hardware, but then as you can see from my sig, I don't need much. Maybe a Crossfire master card, or a 8800GTX. That said, I think I'll wait to see what R600 has in store.
  16. I have all that I need for now. All I wanted for Christmas was a day of peace on earth. Not a month, not a year, just at least a day. A Kentsfield can come second.
  17. "If I had just one wish this holiday season..." -Steve Martin
  18. Quote:
    I have all that I need for now. All I wanted for Christmas was a day of peace on earth. Not a month, not a year, just at least a day. A Kentsfield can come second.

Good words.

We spent a bunch of time getting the stuff our kids wanted and still have not scored a Wii. They are happy with their socket 939/Opty/1900XT rigs so game money went for DS Lites for them. Pretty nice handhelds. I got a Wacom 9x11 drawing tablet and I'm pretty happy about that.
  19. I always wanted a drawing tablet ever since I saw one being used on a Mac. But alas, I keep forgetting to buy one.
  20. Multimeter - I'll never get that reward of curiosity the electric shock ever again!

Glue Gun - I'm going to turn my PC case into a Pirate Ship! But first I'm going to go at it with the new gun + the fans I just bought and mount a fat 120mm as an intake for my hard disk bay.

I already bought a 250gb SATA disk (I'm now over 1tb) and an Intel Mac Mini, plus a 6m Van Damme cable, an Ibanez Tubescreamer and a BOSS DS-2 (a steal at £10) in the runup to Christmas, and left little else for other people to furnish me with today.

Oh, and a Wi-Fi sniffer - time to bust out Metasploit again!! (Joking, I only use it on my own computers...and those of people I know!)

This thread is just lovely!
  21. Already had the X6800 and ATI X1900XTX, so no computer toys until summer and Vista and DX10 are well established. I'll let Da Sick Ninja et al work out the bugs before I jump. Wife gave me $250 gift credit to Tiger Direct to help pay for it all this summer.

I did get top watch my three girls (all 7 or below) have a great time on Christmas morning opening their gifts. There is NO GIFT better than watching kids smile!
  22. yeah well i got a 22 inch widescreen westinghouse, and 3 8800GTX.
  23. Quote:
    I always wanted a drawing tablet ever since I saw one being used on a Mac. But alas, I keep forgetting to buy one.

I hear you. I spent two 100 hour weeks completing a project doing all the drawing with the mouse and that sealed the deal...
  24. Quote:
    yeah well i got a 22 inch widescreen westinghouse, and 3 8800GTX.

what the hell are you going to do with 3 of 'em?
  25. I got a DVD drive and Dark Messiah. I also have loads of leftover cash and will wait a few months to spend it, probably on a new system to replace my current Athlon 64 3200+ and Radeon 9800 Pro. I could splurge now, but I really need to spend extra time on studying for the last two sections of the CPA exam. Once that's finished, I will see what's out and spoil the sh*t out of myself, especially when I pass!
  26. hope all had a good day

i got £400, 6 feet under all series , some vinyls, loads of clothes and a reason to get wasted

now just have to hang in for the real party on new years :twisted:
  27. Quote:
    yeah well i got a 22 inch widescreen westinghouse, and 3 8800GTX.

what the hell are you going to do with 3 of 'em?

i was jk. but i did get a 22 inch monitor. im guessing the third would be for physics processing or something.
  28. i got a bicycle and an anti-mountaintop-removal t-shirt and a bunch of books and this really cool statue of buddah from some really cool artisan somewhere on the earth and a bunch of money to go towards a wii or hookers or something... prolly a wii.

oh, and a red rider bbgun. of course. but no eye-shooting-out yet.

happy boxing day!
  29. Quote:
    a bunch of money to go towards a wii or hookers or something... prolly a wii.

if you have enough cash you could get the hooker to dress up in a wii suit.
  30. Quote:
    Very cool ....

I also got a 8 piece souffle set, an all-clad non-stick set, and a Toshiba portable DVD player.... it was a good x-mas.

My wife tried to get me Dark Messiah but she got confused and got me Marrowind game of the year edition -- which I already have... will need to make a trip back to best-buy.

Jack

An all-clad non-stick set? I got one of those for my sister's godmother. Yeah... I got a warr guitar... if any of you guys know what that is, I got the Trey Gunn Signiature Series... 10 strings... incredible guitar. Now I need to learn how to play it! As for computer stuff, that's all for my bday. 8800GTX water-cooled... or R600 water-cooled.
  31. Quote:

haha! good idea! and then shoot her with my red rider bbgun while riding my bicycle and reading a book with my buddah on my shoulder!

...i'm so posting a vid of this on youtube....

@dante:
    wtf do you do with 10 strings? 12 i get, but 10....?
  32. Quote:

Kinky
  33. Quote:

He's underage dammit. No hookers for him.
  34. I got a Sansa e270, some new headphones, an Evercool VC-RE for my motherboard, a few items of clothing, a Snakes On a Plane poster, and a crap load of gift cards, because there aren't any PC games worth buying right now. However, I'm probably getting a guitar tomorrow as a late gift (I'm also selling my $2200 saxaphone to help pay for it).

EDIT: I also got alot of music from Azu... I mean Santa.
  35. Quote:
    An all-clad non-stick set? I got one of those for my sister's godmother. Yeah... I got a warr guitar... if any of you guys know what that is, I got the Trey Gunn Signiature Series... 10 strings... incredible guitar. Now I need to learn how to play it! As for computer stuff, that's all for my bday. 8800GTX water-cooled... or R600 water-cooled.

Wow, that's a fine instrument. Instruments like that and the Chapman Stick etc... are really interesting. I'd love to spend a bit of money someday on some 'beyond' guitars like those. The closest I've got is a Ukulele!

I've always wondered though, what sort of amplifier do you use for an instrument with that wide a range?
  36. For us poor ppl is all about the Family and being together. :wink:
    My GF game my present early, one final upgrade for my 939.
    4800 Toledo, now @2.6
  37. I got an STD. The last one I needed to complete my set. :twisted:

Nothing directly computer related, though. Got a toaster oven with a popup toaster built into the back of it. That was nice. But I didn't get any of the things I really wanted, like a 2xClovertown system or a 2007 H-D FXSTC... You will earn my infinite respect and eternal distinction from the depths of nerddom if you can tell me what the latter is! 8)

But mostly I got laid. :lol:
  38. Quote:
    That was nice. But I didn't get any of the things I really wanted, like a 2xClovertown system or a 2007 H-D FXSTC... You will earn my infinite respect and eternal distinction from the depths of nerddom if you can tell me what the latter is! Cool

Well I was pretty sure I knew what it was, then I Googled it (which was cheating) and confirmed that indeed I was correct.

Though I know nothing about bikes, people only really refer to things like Guitars and Cars and things like that by specific year. That in combination with the fact that you hyphenated H-D gave me my clue.

Can I have the prize now please? (I'll take a dual-Clovertown Mac Pro thanks!)
  39. Quote:
    That was nice. But I didn't get any of the things I really wanted, like a 2xClovertown system or a 2007 H-D FXSTC... You will earn my infinite respect and eternal distinction from the depths of nerddom if you can tell me what the latter is! Cool

Well I was pretty sure I knew what it was, then I Googled it (which was cheating) and confirmed that indeed I was correct.

Though I know nothing about bikes, people only really refer to things like Guitars and Cars and things like that by specific year. That in combination with the fact that you hyphenated H-D gave me my clue.

Can I have the prize now please? (I'll take a dual-Clovertown Mac Pro thanks!)

Googling is cheatin' dude. Do you know that on some foreign versions of "Who wants to be a millionaire" they place a staffer at the home of the contestant so that when they call in for the lifeline your PC is OFF? But you do get brownie points for spotting the hyphenation. So just gimme your address and your Mac will be in the mail. It's a dual, just like you wanted. An SE with dual floppy drives! :lol:
  40. Whoa, a computer with a floppy drive. Haven't had one of those in a lo-ong time.
  41. Quote:
    Whoa, a computer with a floppy drive. Haven't had one of those in a lo-ong time.

The Mac SE was a revelation! It had two entire floppies! You could put the OS on one and run your apps on the other. Before that, you'd have to swap out through a single floppy drive that had OS, apps and files on it. Now that was fun. And productive too! This, of course, was at a time when only servers had hard drives!!!

Hope you enjoy the Mac dual you've won! :D
  42. Quote:
    Wow, that's a fine instrument. Instruments like that and the Chapman Stick etc... are really interesting. I'd love to spend a bit of money someday on some 'beyond' guitars like those. The closest I've got is a Ukulele!

I've always wondered though, what sort of amplifier do you use for an instrument with that wide a range?

Well... you actually have a stereo output so you use a bass amp for the bass side... and a guitar amp for the guitar side. Then you can use whatever preamps and effects you want.
  43. I don't really celebrate Christmas since I'm an atheist. I dumped a decent amount of money over the summer to upgrade to E6600 so I didn't really buy any new hardware except for a WD 320GB hard drive. But that was over a month ago.

I did buy the Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex (season 1) Box Set a couple of weeks ago for $60 so I suppose that my "Christmas Gift" to myself.

I'm actually keeping a very leash on my spending lately since I'm thinking about going back to school and get a masters degree in IT and paying for it out of my own pocket.
  44. well you don't have to be christian to celebrate the capitalistic holiday of christmas.. but i totally understand for school and if you already got alls you need.... i'm kinda agnostic athiest too but i'm a deacon at the same time at my church :roll: so i'm not technically christian either.... although now isn't really the time or place to go into that.... this thread is kinda a testament to the overwhelming capitalism of christmas, its quite sad, but Ninja was close to the idea with his hopes for goodwill to all mankind and peace on earth.... oh well.

p.s. ghost in the shell ROX!

good luck on your degree! you should go for it! although i totally don't know you at all or know what else is going on your life. heh. go for it anyway! :wink:
  45. My presents were crap, but I spent a god awful sum of cash on myself (well, god awful for me anyway);

2x 1024 G.Skill DDR2 667
    250Gb Seagate 7200.10
    Heros of Might and Magic 5
    Dungeon Siege 2
    Titan Quest (yes, cheesy RPGs all the way!)
    Dawn of War Anthology

and today I'm heading out to get a Big Typhoon, some more case fans, and I think, just as an aside, a 19"WS LCD... *coughs*

Did I mention that prices in New Zealand suck? Well now ya know. My $3000 gaming rig is almost complete, muah!
  46. Quote:
    i got this

im happy

same although I got a 30Gb and its almost full now, guess I'll have to slim down my music slightly :oops:
  47. my 80gb one has 30gb of podcasts and movies, there are only like 5 albums on it.
  48. Quote:

same although I got a 30Gb and its almost full now, guess I'll have to slim down my music slightly :oops:

Damn. I remember when taking along four hours of music for a long drive meant a small suitcase crammed with 8-tracks. Now we bitch about our low-end handhelds barely carrying 500 hours! :D
  49. Quote:
    well you don't have to be christian to celebrate the capitalistic holiday of christmas..

Well, I guess I'm a hardcore atheist. However, I do listen to death metal a lot. Go figure...

Anywaste, for an "evil version" of Christmas grab bag that I do with my friends in January I did buy a 2GB iPod Nano. They usually like to about $30, but what the hell since I'm thinking about blowing my money on another degree I might as well blow my budget for the grab bag.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs SLI Product