ASRock 775Dual-VSTA problem!

svajp

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
Hello!

I have a major issue with my motherboard. The pci slots wont work! I tried to install my pci sound card which is a Hercules Fortissimo II. I disabled the onboard audio just to be sure it wouldnt interfere. And then when I installed the drivers in Win. the OS just locks up/freezes when the drivers are installed.

First I thought the sound card was incompatible with the mobo which wasnt a problem, I was considering buying a new one anyway. But then I wanted to install my newtork adapter. A very common and stable DLINK 530 TX. And now it starts to recognize it as a FDDI card? what the ... is wrong? Can it be fixed or must I replace it?

I know its a cheap mobo, but everything should atleast work!

/svajp

I would check the device manager (control panel>system>device manager). Remove any sound devices with a yellow or red exclamation mark next to them. Then check your board manual in the bios for sound settings, and manually change them. Don't know which section they're located on your board, but checking each section takes only a few minutes. Then save and reboot. Windows will reinstall the devices, and ask for your sound cd if required.

Davius

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Try each of the PCI slots, I've found that a firewire card works in slot 3 on some of the 775DUAL-VSTA motherboards but needs to be put in slot 4 on others.