Admin Pak install on 2003

For some unknown reason all the sudden my 2003 admin pak won't install on
win2003. It keeps saying that to use it on XP I must intall a hot fix first.
I'm not running XP.

Anyone seen this?
2 answers Last reply
More about admin install 2003

    Firstly. This is a Windows 2000 newsgroup.

    Although you are using 2003 server, its still built to look/feel simular to
    XP

    I think this is what you need:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329357

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6E5DA79C-5C38-4445-B039-E3F3AA5E5B25&displaylang=en

    The problem you described is mentioned in red 1/4 way down this page for the
    error you are getting:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304718

    However, do you have RC2.:

    Windows Server 2003 member computers and the Windows Server 2003
    Administration Tools package
    Starting with the RC2 version, you can now install the Windows Server 2003
    Administration Tools package on Windows Server 2003-based computers.

    If you have the beta version of the admin tools then you need to follow the
    registry steps just under 1/2 way down the page

    Direct download page of Admin tools build 3970:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&DisplayLang=en

    Direct link to exe file:

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/7/5/c750f1af-8940-44b6-b9eb-d74014e552cd/adminpak.exe

    I hope the above helps

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

    I've looked through the tree and I haven't seen a group for 2003. Am I
    missing it somewhere?

    As for the issue. This is the open vol lic CD and I am getting the
    admin.pak off the same cd. It intalled on other machines with no problem. I
    should have installed before I started patching. Oh well, I guess I will
    just wipe it and rebuild it. :-)

    "Crouchie1998" wrote:

    > Firstly. This is a Windows 2000 newsgroup.
    >
    > Although you are using 2003 server, its still built to look/feel simular to
    > XP
    >
    > I think this is what you need:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329357
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6E5DA79C-5C38-4445-B039-E3F3AA5E5B25&displaylang=en
    >
    > The problem you described is mentioned in red 1/4 way down this page for the
    > error you are getting:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304718
    >
    > However, do you have RC2.:
    >
    > Windows Server 2003 member computers and the Windows Server 2003
    > Administration Tools package
    > Starting with the RC2 version, you can now install the Windows Server 2003
    > Administration Tools package on Windows Server 2003-based computers.
    >
    > If you have the beta version of the admin tools then you need to follow the
    > registry steps just under 1/2 way down the page
    >
    > Direct download page of Admin tools build 3970:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > Direct link to exe file:
    >
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/7/5/c750f1af-8940-44b6-b9eb-d74014e552cd/adminpak.exe
    >
    > I hope the above helps