i think i needed to add some info,to help you understand my problem,my
fault,sorry.i am running on full power plug in from home,not on battery.my
power set up is a stand-by wait of 30 minutes.the on,off,light should not be
blinking yellow,i would think,as soon as i close the top.as i said this has
just started recently.the only new thing that has been added is my digital
camera set up for pics.i don't know if that has anything to do what is going
on with this blinking yellow .before it just stayed off when the lid was
closed.thank you for trying to help with this.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:37:01 -0800, wbmyw wrote:

> i think i needed to add some info,to help you understand my problem,my
> fault,sorry.i am running on full power plug in from home,not on battery.my
> power set up is a stand-by wait of 30 minutes.the on,off,light should not be
> blinking yellow,i would think,as soon as i close the top.as i said this has
> just started recently.the only new thing that has been added is my digital
> camera set up for pics.i don't know if that has anything to do what is going
> on with this blinking yellow .before it just stayed off when the lid was
> closed.thank you for trying to help with this.

You should still check the settings in Power Options. There is usually a
setting for your preference when the laptop cover is closed. Whatever is
chosen here will override your standby settings. "Do Nothing" is one of the
choices.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Byte

Sharon gave you the correct answer. The blinking light indicates that your
battery is charging. Even when fully charged it will still blink. It is an
indicator
to you that your system is on AC and not DC.

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:37:01 -0800, wbmyw wrote:
>
> > i think i needed to add some info,to help you understand my problem,my
> > fault,sorry.i am running on full power plug in from home,not on battery.my
> > power set up is a stand-by wait of 30 minutes.the on,off,light should not be
> > blinking yellow,i would think,as soon as i close the top.as i said this has
> > just started recently.the only new thing that has been added is my digital
> > camera set up for pics.i don't know if that has anything to do what is going
> > on with this blinking yellow .before it just stayed off when the lid was
> > closed.thank you for trying to help with this.
>
> You should still check the settings in Power Options. There is usually a
> setting for your preference when the laptop cover is closed. Whatever is
> chosen here will override your standby settings. "Do Nothing" is one of the
> choices.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Toshiba Satellite: Light solid yellow when charging, blinking when battery
low and not charging, solid green when fully charged.