Windows 2000 Server SP4 Update not able to Install

When trying to install service pack 4 for Windows 2000 Server from disk, it
comes up with error message stating cannot locate tftp.exe. When attempting
install from download it states tftp.exe & ftp.exe corrupt. When I try to
copy those two files onto the server, it will not allow me to, even in safe
mode. Any solutions out there?

Perhaps you need to stop those services first. Just a guess if the files
compare as good.

This is occurring on our Exchange Server, but we cannot locate/identify any
services running that are utilizing those files.

"Joshua Bolton" wrote:

> Perhaps you need to stop those services first. Just a guess if the files
> compare as good.

You may want to run a Chkdsk on the partition that those files reside on.
Make sure you have a good backup including System State before you do.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.