Windows 2000 Server SP4 Update not able to Install

When trying to install service pack 4 for Windows 2000 Server from disk, it
comes up with error message stating cannot locate tftp.exe. When attempting
install from download it states tftp.exe & ftp.exe corrupt. When I try to
copy those two files onto the server, it will not allow me to, even in safe
mode. Any solutions out there?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 server update install

    Perhaps you need to stop those services first. Just a guess if the files
    compare as good.

    This is occurring on our Exchange Server, but we cannot locate/identify any
    services running that are utilizing those files.

    "Joshua Bolton" wrote:

    > Perhaps you need to stop those services first. Just a guess if the files
    > compare as good.

    You may want to run a Chkdsk on the partition that those files reside on.
    Make sure you have a good backup including System State before you do.

    Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
    Platform Server Setup Group

    Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
    messages.

    "JClifford" <JClifford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This is occurring on our Exchange Server, but we cannot locate/identify
    > any
    > services running that are utilizing those files.
    >
    > "Joshua Bolton" wrote:
    >
    >> Perhaps you need to stop those services first. Just a guess if the
    >> files
    >> compare as good.

Windows 2000 Servers Windows