Sign in with
Your question

Intel DG965WH memory voltage mod?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 25, 2006 3:27:19 PM

I received this motherboard as part of the bundle Intel offered this year. I picked up some pretty good DDR2 667 memory that *almost* works at DDR2 800 speeds. I know that all I'd need is a slight (maybe .1v) voltage increase to get it stable at DDR2 800.

Has anyone discovered a way to voltage mod this board yet? A pencil mod would be great but I don't mind soldering SMD's either.
December 25, 2006 6:16:11 PM

Try Ctrl+F1 and Ctrl+F6 in the BIOS, then checking under each option menu in the BIOS for 'unhidden' configuration items.

8)
December 25, 2006 8:11:20 PM

No dice. I'm pretty sure voltage adjustments have been locked out of this boards BIOS. The only option I can think of is a hard mod.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 25, 2006 8:46:04 PM

Quote:
Try Ctrl+F1 and Ctrl+F6 in the BIOS, then checking under each option menu in the BIOS for 'unhidden' configuration items.

8)

thats usually gigabyte boards only (Ctrl + F1), this is an intel branded board
December 25, 2006 8:47:09 PM

I have the same bundle with good ram.
It will not run the ram at the low timings I bought it for.
I just think it's somewhat of a budget board from Intel that they locked everything out of.
December 26, 2006 3:57:15 PM

I picked up the same bundle. The only advice I could offer is go to Crucial's website, and search for compatible memory. They have a pretty substantial list of tested memory that will work with the board (thats not 1.8v 5-5-5/6-6-6). Then just go to Newegg and find it for 80$ less.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=DG965...

Its a shame they ship the E6300 with a board that has no overclocking support. :|

Gigabyte P965-DS3/S3 are good alternatives if you want to get some extra juice out of the proc.
December 26, 2006 4:21:19 PM

Yea, I can't really afford a new MB right now. The memory I got, 2x1GB ADATA Vitesta, is supposed to OC nicely with a little more juice. It will start memtest86 at 800Mhz but freezes around test 5.
I'll probably be getting a new MB in a couple months or so. I'm just thinking that there's gotta be a way to voltage mod this motherboard. It'll just take someone with a lot more knowledge than myself on MB layout and SMD's to do it.
December 26, 2006 7:29:40 PM

Even though the motherboard is only listed for 1.8v 5 or 6 CL does not mean that is all that will work with it. The modules on Crucial's website have all supposedly been tested and proven compatible with that board.
December 27, 2006 5:14:30 AM

Quote:
Even though the motherboard is only listed for 1.8v 5 or 6 CL does not mean that is all that will work with it. The modules on Crucial's website have all supposedly been tested and proven compatible with that board.

Yes, I know Crucial makes good memory and that they test it with MB's for compatibility.
I already have good memory that runs at it's rated 667Mhz with tight timings (4,4,4,12). I'm reasonably sure that with a little bump in voltage it would run at 800Mhz, which is what this thread is about - voltage modding the DG965WH motherboard.
December 27, 2006 3:32:07 PM

Quote:
I already have good memory that runs at it's rated 667Mhz with tight timings (4,4,4,12). I'm reasonably sure that with a little bump in voltage it would run at 800Mhz, which is what this thread is about - voltage modding the DG965WH motherboard.

Whoops, my bad... misread your question. Thought you meant mod it to work with something greater than 1.8v... carry on!
!