how to block playing video files in 2000 and xp?

I am system administrator of windows 2000 and windows xp systems. I dont want
the video to play in my system. I want only the audio. This is to control the
misuse of systems. can some body plz help me.
regards

"ram" wrote:

> I am system administrator of windows 2000 and windows xp systems. I dont want
> the video to play in my system. I want only the audio. This is to control the
> misuse of systems. can some body plz help me.
> regards
Hi Ram,

In windows 2003 Group policy there is a new feature that is called (
Software Restriction Policy) which it can be used to control the software the
clients run on there PC's, So if you have windows 2003 DC then you can apply
a group policy the limit the clients to use only the audio files relying on
the file extension ( *.mp3, *.wav ...etc) and disallow them from running
vedio files using a rules that meet the situation you have.

For more info see the link

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsxp/secwinxp/xpsgch06.mspx