Windows Explorer File Pane stays gray

aOn my scripted installed Windows 2000 machines, the file panel in Explorer
(the left one, with all the folders) stays gray.

Does anyone know how to fix this ? All machines are up to date with the
latest patches.

"Robert Bleumer" <RobertBleumer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1CDBB07D-2F30-4AC7-A0E3-6FB3E8B53799@microsoft.com...
> aOn my scripted installed Windows 2000 machines, the file panel in
> Explorer
> (the left one, with all the folders) stays gray.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this ? All machines are up to date with
> the
> latest patches.

this applies to 98 but may help with your issue?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192315

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

"Steve Parry [MVP]" wrote:

> "Robert Bleumer" <RobertBleumer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:1CDBB07D-2F30-4AC7-A0E3-6FB3E8B53799@microsoft.com...
> > aOn my scripted installed Windows 2000 machines, the file panel in
> > Explorer
> > (the left one, with all the folders) stays gray.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this ? All machines are up to date with
> > the
> > latest patches.
>

> this applies to 98 but may help with your issue?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192315
>
> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Didn't apply to Windows 2000, it's about the ExplorerBar value, but the
entire key doesn't exist in Windows 2000. Still, I think it's got something
to do with IE6, the problem only surfaces until after I install IE6.

It's a nasty one....

Steve,

Surely the user is talking about the ListView control on the right rather
than the TreeView control on the left of explorer. At least that's what it
sounds like to me.

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

"Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Robert Bleumer" <RobertBleumer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:1CDBB07D-2F30-4AC7-A0E3-6FB3E8B53799@microsoft.com...
> > aOn my scripted installed Windows 2000 machines, the file panel in
> > Explorer
> > (the left one, with all the folders) stays gray.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this ? All machines are up to date with
> > the
> > latest patches.
>

> this applies to 98 but may help with your issue?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192315
>
> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

It's the treeview on the left.

"Crouchie1998" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Surely the user is talking about the ListView control on the right rather
> than the TreeView control on the left of explorer. At least that's what it
> sounds like to me.
>
> Crouchie1998
> BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

> "Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Robert Bleumer" <RobertBleumer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:1CDBB07D-2F30-4AC7-A0E3-6FB3E8B53799@microsoft.com...
> > > aOn my scripted installed Windows 2000 machines, the file panel in
> > > Explorer
> > > (the left one, with all the folders) stays gray.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to fix this ? All machines are up to date with
> > > the
> > > latest patches.
> >

> > this applies to 98 but may help with your issue?
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192315
> >
> > --
> > Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
> >
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Here ya go.

http://forums.techguy.org/printthread.php?threadid=113867

Robert Bleumer wrote:

> It's the treeview on the left.
>
> "Crouchie1998" wrote:
>

>>Steve,
>>
>>Surely the user is talking about the ListView control on the right rather
>>than the TreeView control on the left of explorer. At least that's what it
>>sounds like to me.
>>
>>Crouchie1998
>>BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

>>"Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Robert Bleumer" <RobertBleumer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>>message news:1CDBB07D-2F30-4AC7-A0E3-6FB3E8B53799@microsoft.com...

>>>this applies to 98 but may help with your issue?
>>>
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192315
>>>
>>>--
>>>Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>>>
>>>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>>http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Where should I send the flowers ?

You've fixed it, thank you !

"Bob I" wrote:

> Here ya go.
>
> http://forums.techguy.org/printthread.php?threadid=113867
>
> Robert Bleumer wrote:
>
> > It's the treeview on the left.
> >
> > "Crouchie1998" wrote:
> >

> >>Steve,
> >>
> >>Surely the user is talking about the ListView control on the right rather
> >>than the TreeView control on the left of explorer. At least that's what it
> >>sounds like to me.
> >>
> >>Crouchie1998
> >>BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

> >>"Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Glad you're up and running, have a good one!