networking

bill

I have a windows 2000 pro workstation. Every time I start it up, all seems
normal for the first 3 minutes or so. I can get on the internet, browse the
network etc... After a few minutes, or if I try and transfer anything bigger
than about 100k over the network or internet, my networking dies. The
computer loses its IP address and I cant do anything network related without
the thing locking up for a while. Then I try an IPCONFIG /RENEW and it tells
me it cant find the DHCP server although it shows I am connected to the
network. I can restart and everything is fine again for about 3 minutes. I
have tried 3 different network cards, different rooms, etc.. so I know its
something Windows related and not hardware. I watch my services and nothing
is stopping or anything like that. I really am stumped. Any ideas from
anyone would be great.
--
Bill S

Can you confirm your system is free of malware/adware/spyware etc? They
usually kick in a bit later and can flood your network.

Regards,
--

Michel Boks - B.ICT
MCSE NT4/2000

"bill" wrote:

> I have a windows 2000 pro workstation. Every time I start it up, all seems
> normal for the first 3 minutes or so. I can get on the internet, browse the
> network etc... After a few minutes, or if I try and transfer anything bigger
> than about 100k over the network or internet, my networking dies. The
> computer loses its IP address and I cant do anything network related without
> the thing locking up for a while. Then I try an IPCONFIG /RENEW and it tells
> me it cant find the DHCP server although it shows I am connected to the
> network. I can restart and everything is fine again for about 3 minutes. I
> have tried 3 different network cards, different rooms, etc.. so I know its
> something Windows related and not hardware. I watch my services and nothing
> is stopping or anything like that. I really am stumped. Any ideas from
> anyone would be great.
> --
> Bill S

Nothing in the Event Viewer?