Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)

And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
do and came across Neopets....

congrats - and just so i can look you up, whats your username?

mikki

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
> new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
>
> And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
> do and came across Neopets....

Well, Congratulations and wishing you a very happy Neo-Anniversary!
;~)

(even though I'm blocked from neomailing)
;~(

mikki

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
> new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
>
> And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
> do and came across Neopets....

Well, Congratulations and wishing you a very happy Neo-Anniversary!
;~)

(Aw, I'm blocked from neomailing)
;~(

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
> new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
>
> And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
> do and came across Neopets....

Congrats!!

daramark

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Mikki [mikki721@charter.net] said
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
> > new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
> >
> > And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
> > do and came across Neopets....
>
> Well, Congratulations and wishing you a very happy Neo-Anniversary!
> ;~)

Thank you. :)

> (even though I'm blocked from neomailing)
> ;~(

If you remember you asked me for my neo-addy sometime ago and I said
"no" and explained why and now you think I have you blocked from
neomailing me?

> Mikki [mikki721@charter.net] said
>> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
>> > new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
>> >
>> > And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
>> > do and came across Neopets....
>>
>> Well, Congratulations and wishing you a very happy Neo-Anniversary!
>> ;~)
>
> Thank you. :)
>

>> (even though I'm blocked from neomailing)
>> ;~(
>
> If you remember you asked me for my neo-addy sometime ago and I said
> "no" and explained why and now you think I have you blocked from
> neomailing me?

I am so sorry - I do remember that, but I thought I knew your username anyway
and went to send a congratulatory neomail but was blocked. I've never been
blocked before! I'm absolutely not a threat in any way.

"Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Mikki [mikki721@charter.net] said
>>> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Well, Congratulations and wishing you a very happy Neo-Anniversary!
>>> ;~)
>>
>> Thank you. :)
>>

>>> (even though I'm blocked from neomailing)
>>> ;~(
>>
>> If you remember you asked me for my neo-addy sometime ago and I said
>> "no" and explained why and now you think I have you blocked from
>> neomailing me?
>
> I am so sorry - I do remember that, but I thought I knew your username
> anyway and went to send a congratulatory neomail but was blocked. I've
> never been blocked before! I'm absolutely not a threat in any way.

I dont think YOU were blocked, I think they have neomails in genereal
blocked to avoid problems :)

"bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message

> I dont think YOU were blocked, I think they have neomails in genereal blocked
> to avoid problems :)

Perhaps, but the wording made it sound specific. However... I like your way of
thinking about it much better!

I'm at 47 months. September 6th is my anniversary. I didn't even realize it
was so close!
Just about 4 years. Wow,,, how many hours went past there?

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
> new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
>
> And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
> do and came across Neopets....

CONGRATS!!!! I am coming up on 1 year. I started on halloween last year

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
> new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
>
> And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
> do and came across Neopets....

One of mine is 3 months over and one is 3 months behind the
five year mark.

Doesn't feel like all that long to me either.

Balyn

Les wrote:
> Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
> new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
>
> And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to
> do and came across Neopets....

Congrats!

Out of curiosity I went and looked at mine.... just got the 3 year
shield! Woot!

Rainy
--
I can take it, I can make it.
Like the man that you taught me to be. - Cindy Alexander

mikki

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

"Raindrop" <spambox55@askimighttell.lol> wrote in message
> Les wrote:
>> Just checked my look up to see how many avis I have having just got the
>> new one and I see I now have my '5 year' shield. :)
>>
>> And it seems like only yesterday that I was searching for something to do
>> and came across Neopets....
>
> Congrats!
>
> Out of curiosity I went and looked at mine.... just got the 3 year shield!
> Woot!
>
> Rainy

Yay! Congratulations! Where have you been? I missed you!

Mikki wrote:

> Yay! Congratulations! Where have you been? I missed you!

My dad was here visiting and then was not feeling great for a bit. So
sorta feel behind on posting. Though if you look above, I did some
serious rambling on the stock thread. Any surprise there? Speaking of
stocks... have you been playing every day like I told you? :p

--

> Mikki wrote:
>

>> Yay! Congratulations! Where have you been? I missed you!
>>

> My dad was here visiting and then was not feeling great for a bit. So sorta
> feel behind on posting. Though if you look above, I did some serious rambling
> on the stock thread. Any surprise there? Speaking of stocks... have you been
> playing every day like I told you? :p

I was playing every day, but then too many of my stocks were in the red, so I've
been selling them off as they each reach a profitable point. (hanging head in
shame)

It felt like I was always choosing the wrong stocks - the ones that plummet and
never go back up. I haven't really had a chance to spend any time at
neodaq.com, maybe after summer time when things quiet down, I'll check it out.

Good to see you posting again! I hope you're feeling well again.

Mikki~ wrote:
>> It felt like I was always choosing the wrong stocks - the ones that
> plummet and never go back up.

All stocks evenutally go up unless they go bankrupt and the pattern for
stock bankruptcy is for them to go out while they are high so you are really
cheating yourself if you sell at 15 or 16.

Gareeth

mikki

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

> Mikki~ wrote:
>>> It felt like I was always choosing the wrong stocks - the ones that
>> plummet and never go back up.
>
> All stocks evenutally go up unless they go bankrupt and the pattern for
> stock bankruptcy is for them to go out while they are high so you are
> really cheating yourself if you sell at 15 or 16.
>
> Gareeth

Thanks Gareeth; I was trying to wait until each stock got up to at least 30,
but lately, I'm watching the percentages. It also depends on the mood I'm
in and how my overall portfolio looks.

Mikki~ wrote:

> It felt like I was always choosing the wrong stocks - the ones that plummet and
> never go back up.

My experience has been that neostocks go down and stay down for a long
time, then they spike upward briefly before returning to their long
hibernations. You're not picking the wrong stocks, they all do that.

mikki

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

"Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message
> Mikki~ wrote:
>
>> It felt like I was always choosing the wrong stocks - the ones that
>> plummet and never go back up.
>
> My experience has been that neostocks go down and stay down for a long
> time, then they spike upward briefly before returning to their long
> hibernations. You're not picking the wrong stocks, they all do that.

Thanks; there are a few that look like they will never go above 10. I wish
that I had kept a record of when I bought each stock.

I bought one two days ago for 15 and its almost at 30!!

"Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message
> Mikki~ wrote:
>
>> It felt like I was always choosing the wrong stocks - the ones that
>> plummet and never go back up.
>
> My experience has been that neostocks go down and stay down for a long
> time, then they spike upward briefly before returning to their long
> hibernations. You're not picking the wrong stocks, they all do that.

mikki

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

;~p

Mikki wrote:

> Thanks; there are a few that look like they will never go above 10. I wish
> that I had kept a record of when I bought each stock.

I was there once with SMUG. I had 7000 shares rotting at 6 for at least
a month. But they're all gone now, sold at a healthy profit when the
spike eventually came.

bodcat1 wrote:

> I bought one two days ago for 15 and its almost at 30!!

Good pick!

bodcat1 wrote:
> I bought one two days ago for 15 and its almost at 30!!
>

> "Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message
>
>>Mikki~ wrote:
>>

>>>It felt like I was always choosing the wrong stocks - the ones that
>>>plummet and never go back up.
>>
>>My experience has been that neostocks go down and stay down for a long
>>time, then they spike upward briefly before returning to their long
>>hibernations. You're not picking the wrong stocks, they all do that.

do you mean TPP? I had bought 300 when it was 15, then yesterday sold
200 on 27 and will wait what the other 100 do........

Henny