Outdoor webcam ... wired or wireless???

Need suggestions on a webcam to be mounted outdoors.
USB or wireless?
No need for streaming video, just snapshots that will be uploaded to a
web site.

Cam to be located about 100' from computer. TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about outdoor webcam wired wireless

    dunno wrote:
    > Need suggestions on a webcam to be mounted outdoors.
    > USB or wireless?
    > No need for streaming video, just snapshots that will be uploaded to a
    > web site.
    >
    > Cam to be located about 100' from computer. TIA
    Long way for USB, but I know you can get USB 'Extender' cables.
    Not sure, but I think they have some sort of signal amp in them.
    Wireless should work at that distance.
    Another method, if you have a video capture card is to use a weather
    proof cam connected to the composite or A/V inputd. I have ran such a
    cam using the supplied 20 metre (approx 66') cable plus another
    extension cable of 20 metres for a total of (approx) 130'. Curently I am
    only using one 20 metre cable.

    kim

Webcams Wireless Peripherals