Outdoor webcam ... wired or wireless???

dunno

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001

Need suggestions on a webcam to be mounted outdoors.
USB or wireless?
No need for streaming video, just snapshots that will be uploaded to a
web site.

Cam to be located about 100' from computer. TIA

kim

dunno wrote:
> Need suggestions on a webcam to be mounted outdoors.
> USB or wireless?
> No need for streaming video, just snapshots that will be uploaded to a
> web site.
>
> Cam to be located about 100' from computer. TIA
Long way for USB, but I know you can get USB 'Extender' cables.
Not sure, but I think they have some sort of signal amp in them.
Wireless should work at that distance.
Another method, if you have a video capture card is to use a weather
proof cam connected to the composite or A/V inputd. I have ran such a
cam using the supplied 20 metre (approx 66') cable plus another
extension cable of 20 metres for a total of (approx) 130'. Curently I am
only using one 20 metre cable.

kim