Audigy 2ZS Platinum Installation/Software Issues

darshahlu2

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Greetings all.

I just bought the Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS Platinum. I am having difficulty using all of its features. I am asking those that own this card and have set it up to please help me with the following problems:

1. I can't get the remote to work.

2. I can't get DVD-Audio work. When I go to play the included DVD-Audio Sampler disc, I get the error, "No DVD Decoder found" in Windows Media Player.

It seems that I do not have all the drivers installed or something. At first, I installed ONLY the drivers (latest version 5.12.4.1196, filename "SBAX_WBUP2_LB_2_09_0016.exe" downloaded from the Creative website). After I realized that I was missing the features above, I installed the Creative Media Source software included with the card. The above things still did not work, so I downloaded the latest version from the web and installed it (Creative Media Source 5, filename "CMS5_PCAPP_LB_5_10_38.exe").

Is there something I am missing? Why can't I play DVD-Audio and why does my remote not work?

Thanks,
Darshan

Greetings all.

I just bought the Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS Platinum. I am having difficulty using all of its features. I am asking those that own this card and have set it up to please help me with the following problems:

1. I can't get the remote to work.

2. I can't get DVD-Audio work. When I go to play the included DVD-Audio Sampler disc, I get the error, "No DVD Decoder found" in Windows Media Player.

It seems that I do not have all the drivers installed or something. At first, I installed ONLY the drivers (latest version 5.12.4.1196, filename "SBAX_WBUP2_LB_2_09_0016.exe" downloaded from the Creative website). After I realized that I was missing the features above, I installed the Creative Media Source software included with the card. The above things still did not work, so I downloaded the latest version from the web and installed it (Creative Media Source 5, filename "CMS5_PCAPP_LB_5_10_38.exe").

Is there something I am missing? Why can't I play DVD-Audio and why does my remote not work?

Thanks,
Darshan

lol windows media player playing dvds = :oops:

the remote - check the cables pluged in, batteries in the remote and you are aware that it will most likely only work in the creative applications supplied ;)

darshahlu2

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006

So what do you recommend for playing DVDs? Free is good.

the remote - check the cables pluged in, batteries in the remote and you are aware that it will most likely only work in the creative applications supplied ;)

Is there software that will enable the remote to be used with several different applications? Or at the least, one that enables the remote to work with Winamp, a plug-in for example.

So what do you recommend for playing DVDs? Free is good.

Is there software that will enable the remote to be used with several different applications? Or at the least, one that enables the remote to work with Winamp, a plug-in for example.

Media Player Classic is lighter and better then Windows Media Player and supports more formats including DVDs

software for the remote? maybe girder supports it with a plugin, takes a little work but might do the job - worked with my leadtek winfast tv2000 xp deluxe card?

darshahlu2

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check out Media Player Classic.

Have you used PowerDVD? I used to use it when I had a "free" copy. Has a lot of nice features.

I think I'm having some other problems with the Audigy 2ZS installation since I can't even get the remote to work with the Media Center software. I think I'll have to go over my installation steps, I was kind of in a hurry when I installed every thing. Maybe I forgot to plug something in.

Also, probably a related issue to the remote, I don't seem to have all the drivers installed. I have seen screenshots of what the drivers should look like and I am missing some pages. Has anyone had this issue or know what I am talking about?

Perhaps the best thing is for an Audigy 2ZS Platinum user to post all the Software Installation Steps.

Thank you,
Darshan