Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Audigy 2ZS Platinum Installation/Software Issues

Last response: in Components
Share
December 25, 2006 8:12:43 PM

Greetings all.

I just bought the Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS Platinum. I am having difficulty using all of its features. I am asking those that own this card and have set it up to please help me with the following problems:

1. I can't get the remote to work.

2. I can't get DVD-Audio work. When I go to play the included DVD-Audio Sampler disc, I get the error, "No DVD Decoder found" in Windows Media Player.

It seems that I do not have all the drivers installed or something. At first, I installed ONLY the drivers (latest version 5.12.4.1196, filename "SBAX_WBUP2_LB_2_09_0016.exe" downloaded from the Creative website). After I realized that I was missing the features above, I installed the Creative Media Source software included with the card. The above things still did not work, so I downloaded the latest version from the web and installed it (Creative Media Source 5, filename "CMS5_PCAPP_LB_5_10_38.exe").

Is there something I am missing? Why can't I play DVD-Audio and why does my remote not work?

Thanks,
Darshan
December 25, 2006 8:45:00 PM

Quote:
Greetings all.

I just bought the Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS Platinum. I am having difficulty using all of its features. I am asking those that own this card and have set it up to please help me with the following problems:

1. I can't get the remote to work.

2. I can't get DVD-Audio work. When I go to play the included DVD-Audio Sampler disc, I get the error, "No DVD Decoder found" in Windows Media Player.

It seems that I do not have all the drivers installed or something. At first, I installed ONLY the drivers (latest version 5.12.4.1196, filename "SBAX_WBUP2_LB_2_09_0016.exe" downloaded from the Creative website). After I realized that I was missing the features above, I installed the Creative Media Source software included with the card. The above things still did not work, so I downloaded the latest version from the web and installed it (Creative Media Source 5, filename "CMS5_PCAPP_LB_5_10_38.exe").

Is there something I am missing? Why can't I play DVD-Audio and why does my remote not work?

Thanks,
Darshan


lol windows media player playing dvds = :oops: 

the remote - check the cables pluged in, batteries in the remote and you are aware that it will most likely only work in the creative applications supplied ;) 
December 25, 2006 10:24:15 PM

Quote:


lol windows media player playing dvds = :oops: 



So what do you recommend for playing DVDs? Free is good.


Quote:

the remote - check the cables pluged in, batteries in the remote and you are aware that it will most likely only work in the creative applications supplied ;) 


Is there software that will enable the remote to be used with several different applications? Or at the least, one that enables the remote to work with Winamp, a plug-in for example.
Related resources
December 26, 2006 3:37:08 AM

As far as a plugin for Winamp, I found RMX. I haven't gotten this to work, but it seems like there is a lot of support on the winamp forums for it.

http://wiki.darkain.com/wiki/Main_Page


Can anyone answer the question about DVD software?

Thanks,
Darshan
December 28, 2006 11:10:39 AM

Quote:


lol windows media player playing dvds = :oops: 



So what do you recommend for playing DVDs? Free is good.


Quote:

the remote - check the cables pluged in, batteries in the remote and you are aware that it will most likely only work in the creative applications supplied ;) 


Is there software that will enable the remote to be used with several different applications? Or at the least, one that enables the remote to work with Winamp, a plug-in for example.

Media Player Classic is lighter and better then Windows Media Player and supports more formats including DVDs

software for the remote? maybe girder supports it with a plugin, takes a little work but might do the job - worked with my leadtek winfast tv2000 xp deluxe card?
December 28, 2006 4:22:16 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check out Media Player Classic.

Have you used PowerDVD? I used to use it when I had a "free" copy. Has a lot of nice features.

I think I'm having some other problems with the Audigy 2ZS installation since I can't even get the remote to work with the Media Center software. I think I'll have to go over my installation steps, I was kind of in a hurry when I installed every thing. Maybe I forgot to plug something in.

Also, probably a related issue to the remote, I don't seem to have all the drivers installed. I have seen screenshots of what the drivers should look like and I am missing some pages. Has anyone had this issue or know what I am talking about?

Perhaps the best thing is for an Audigy 2ZS Platinum user to post all the Software Installation Steps.

Thank you,
Darshan
!