explorer keeps crashing when network properties is entered

For some reason every time i go into the daughters network properties its
says explorer.exe has crashed leaving me with no way to change the ip
adresses of her onboard and add-on netowrk card.

Anyone have an ideas i can try?

thanks

Bri

You might try netsh from a command prompt;

1 to set ip address and subnet, 2 to clear previous dns server ip's, 3 to
set primary dns server, 4 to set alt dns server, 5 to set ip address DHCP
assigned

1.) netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection 2"
source=static addr=192.168.10.10 mask=255.255.255.0 gateway=none
2.) netsh interface ip delete dns name="Local Area Connection 2" addr=all
3.) netsh interface ip set dns name="Local Area Connection 2" source=static
addr=192.168.20.20
4.) netsh interface ip add dns name="Local Area Connection 2"
addr=192.168.30.30
5.) netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection 2"
source=dhcp

Where "Local Area Connection 2" is the name of your connection. (watch for
line wrap)

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"brian hopkinson" wrote:
| For some reason every time i go into the daughters network properties its
| says explorer.exe has crashed leaving me with no way to change the ip
| adresses of her onboard and add-on netowrk card.
|

| Anyone have an ideas i can try?
|
| thanks
|
| Bri

What is the explorer error/error code? It will help us narrow down the
problem

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

That may work to change it, but it won't stop the explorer error, would it?

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

"Crouchie1998" <crouchie1998@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> What is the explorer error/error code? It will help us narrow down the
> problem
>
> Crouchie1998
> BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

It doesnt give an error code, just that explorer has caused an error and
will be restarted. I went into admin tools and event viewer to see what log
was made and it says "the shell ended unexpectedly and explorer was
restarted".

hope that sort of helps, if there are other logs i can seem to find them.

Bri