WMP problems after webcam installation

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 19, 2005 1:54:46 AM

I recently installed an unbranded webcam (I know!), and have since
discovered that no media player will work on my PC. I have removed the
webcam, and all related software, and still the media players crash - I have
tried videoLAN, WMP 7 and Real Player. I am running w98 SE with C-Media
sound card. Needless to say, they all played just fine before.
Any ideas as to why this may have happened?

Thanks
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 10:06:51 AM

isnt media player 10 available now???

update the dam thing

regards slayer

In news:D 6ga22$bsj$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk,
mo <ian@istevens.wanadoo.co.uk> the stupid moronic freak from an alien
planet where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
> I recently installed an unbranded webcam (I know!), and have since
> discovered that no media player will work on my PC. I have removed the
> webcam, and all related software, and still the media players crash -
> I have tried videoLAN, WMP 7 and Real Player. I am running w98 SE
> with C-Media sound card. Needless to say, they all played just fine
> before.
> Any ideas as to why this may have happened?
>
> Thanks
May 19, 2005 11:02:07 PM

Yeah, I thought of that, but as I say, none of the other media players I
have tried have worked, so why should an updated version of WMP?
What I'm looking for is an idea as to why the webcam installation may have
affected the media players ability to, erm, play media....

"ThE SlAyEr" <phlem1@speed-mail.co.uk> wrote in message
> isnt media player 10 available now???
>
> update the dam thing
>
> regards slayer
>

> In news:D 6ga22$bsj$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk,
> mo <ian@istevens.wanadoo.co.uk> the stupid moronic freak from an alien
> planet where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
> > I recently installed an unbranded webcam (I know!), and have since
> > discovered that no media player will work on my PC. I have removed the
> > webcam, and all related software, and still the media players crash -
> > I have tried videoLAN, WMP 7 and Real Player. I am running w98 SE
> > with C-Media sound card. Needless to say, they all played just fine
> > before.
> > Any ideas as to why this may have happened?
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 11:44:05 PM

who knows?....possibly the player files became corrupted during the
installation.....

or the file associations are screwed up and need resetting....

either way updating cant be a bad thing as they probably just need
reinstalling....

regards slayer

In news:D 6ikbf$7vh$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk,

!