Mouse has me stumped!

I needed to move my computer so I had to remove the usb hub. When I
reconnected everything my Labtec M-UA103 mouse is now asking for a driver. I
installed the driver Labtec had on their website but it still can't find a
driver. If I use a usb to PS2 converter it works fine. The usb hub works
fine for other devices.Nothing changed except maybe the usb port I was
using. I tried in all the ports including the internal hub. What could be
the problem?

--
Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
For MLS & Computer Training: http://www.BrokerAgentTraining.com
Realtors Earn Over 100% at EXIT: http://www.over100percent.com

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Does the mouse work if you hook it up direct, w/o using the hub?

On 2-May-2005, "Rob" <rob_brownNOSPAM@NOSPAMsofthome.net> wrote:

> Does the mouse work if you hook it up direct, w/o using the hub?
>
> "Stephen Horrillo" <usenet@stephenhorrillo.com> wrote in message
> > I needed to move my computer so I had to remove the usb hub. When I
> > reconnected everything my Labtec M-UA103 mouse is now asking for a
> > driver.
> > installed the driver Labtec had on their website but it still can't find
> > driver. If I use a usb to PS2 converter it works fine. The usb hub works
> > fine for other devices.Nothing changed except maybe the usb port I was
> > using. I tried in all the ports including the internal hub. What could
> > be
> > the problem?

No, the same thing happens. A box pops up asking for a driver even though I
have the labtec software and drivers installed. If I choose have"have disk"
and put the labtec cd-rom in it finds a driver, installs it but it still
won't work.

--
Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
For MLS & Computer Training: http://www.BrokerAgentTraining.com
Realtors Earn Over 100% at EXIT: http://www.over100percent.com

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Boot into Safe Mode, delete the mouse in device manager and reboot and
re-install
the driver. I would also look on the mousemaker's website for help and
faq's. Check
your BIOS settings, although I doubt these would affect a USB rodent.

On 4-May-2005, "Rob" <rob_brownNOSPAM@NOSPAMsofthome.net> wrote:

> Boot into Safe Mode, delete the mouse in device manager and reboot and
> re-install
> the driver. I would also look on the mousemaker's website for help and
> faq's. Check
> your BIOS settings, although I doubt these would affect a USB rodent.

How do you boot into safe mode? BTW, before I rewired the computers the
mouse worked without the installation of any drivers.

--
Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
For MLS & Computer Training: http://www.BrokerAgentTraining.com