why would someone use a MSDaily back up vs a daily increme..

Hi I was studying with a 70-210 program and it had a question like this:

You want to do a back up of \sales and you only want to back up files
modified today, what would you use?

a: daily
b: incremental
c: normal
d: differential

the test answer was a: daily.

Just wondering why someone would use a MS Daily Backup vs a daily
incremental backup.

thanks in advance!
--
studying for MCP

"surfrathawaii" wrote:

> Hi I was studying with a 70-210 program and it had a question like this:
>
> You want to do a back up of \sales and you only want to back up files
> modified today, what would you use?
>
> a: daily
> b: incremental
> c: normal
> d: differential
>
> the test answer was a: daily.
>
> Just wondering why someone would use a MS Daily Backup vs a daily
> incremental backup.
>
> thanks in advance!
> --
> studying for MCP

Thanks for you post, I hope you are doing good with the MCSE Track.

The difference between the daily backup and the incremental backup as
your question states that the daily backup only backup up all the files that
is modified in that day. where the incremental backup, it backup all the
files that is changed since the last normal backup.

In backup strategies there is tow policies :
1- Normal backup at first of the cycle ( week ) then Incremental at the
following
days, here since incremental backup only the files modified since the
last backup so it is Easy to backup but if you want to restore you have to
restore all the backups so it is as mentioned ( Easy to backup and Hard to
restore )

2- Normal backup at first of the cycle ( week ) then Differentional at the
following
days, here since differentional backup all the files since the last
backup so it is Hard to backup but if you want to restore you have to restore
only the first normal backup and the last differentional backup so it is as
mentioned ( Hard to backup and Easy to restore )

surfrathawaii wrote:
> Hi I was studying with a 70-210 program and it had a question like
> this:
>
> You want to do a back up of \sales and you only want to back up files
> modified today, what would you use?
>
> a: daily
> b: incremental
> c: normal
> d: differential
>
> the test answer was a: daily.
>
> Just wondering why someone would use a MS Daily Backup vs a daily
> incremental backup.

An incremental backup includes everything changed since the last incremental
or full backup so you don't need to do this every day if you don't want to.

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Thanks for the input, however I'm still, not sure I understand the need for
the DAILY back up option (over the incremental or the differential).
--
studying for MCP