Customer Service

Well, Cingular is still doing the business day and part of Saturday customer
service.

Their web site is not working properly today and a call to 611 tells me I have
to wait until tomorrow or go to their non-working web site.

Damn them! They need 24/7 customer service.

--
John S.
More about customer service

    On 05 Dec 2004 18:21:05 GMT, sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.)
    wrote:

    >Well, Cingular is still doing the business day and part of Saturday customer
    >service.
    >
    >Their web site is not working properly today and a call to 611 tells me I have
    >to wait until tomorrow or go to their non-working web site.

    The security of the site is an issue with me. I'd rather have a site
    that's not available at times, if at least it's secure - which
    Cingular's is not.

    >Damn them! They need 24/7 customer service.
    >
    >--
    >John S.
    >e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net

    Yes, just one of my complaints about them. When I brought up the 24/7
    thing to them, they gave me the old 'eventually, we plan to . . . "

    and up until about 6 months ago, they would exchange a non-working phone
    right in the Cingular store. Then they moved to the mail order service. In
    my opinion, they've been hammering the bottom line in the executive board
    room, and customer service was one of the first areas to be targeted for
    reduction.

    "George" <h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com> wrote in message
    > On 05 Dec 2004 18:21:05 GMT, sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.)
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Well, Cingular is still doing the business day and part of Saturday
    >>customer
    >>service.
    >>
    >>Their web site is not working properly today and a call to 611 tells me I
    >>have
    >>to wait until tomorrow or go to their non-working web site.
    >
    > The security of the site is an issue with me. I'd rather have a site
    > that's not available at times, if at least it's secure - which
    > Cingular's is not.
    >

    >>Damn them! They need 24/7 customer service.
    >>
    >>--
    >>John S.
    >>e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
    >
    > Yes, just one of my complaints about them. When I brought up the 24/7
    > thing to them, they gave me the old 'eventually, we plan to . . . "

    George <h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com> wrote:
    > The security of the site is an issue with me. I'd rather have a site
    > that's not available at times, if at least it's secure - which
    > Cingular's is not.

    Eh? As a new Cingular customer I just registered on the web site today.
    When I log in, I get https://www.myaccount.cingular.com/... with an SSL
    secured symbol in my browser.

    --
    For mail, please use my surname where indicated:
    steve@surname.reno.nv.us (Steve Brecher)

    In article <53Jsd.40279$Ch2.8138@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
    "Steve Larson" <r@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

    > and up until about 6 months ago, they would exchange a non-working phone
    > right in the Cingular store. Then they moved to the mail order service. In
    > my opinion, they've been hammering the bottom line in the executive board
    > room, and customer service was one of the first areas to be targeted for
    > reduction.

    Thats what Sprint and AT&T did, and the Customer Service evaluations
    suffered as a result.

    Verizon and Nextel didn't and they win such evaluations every year now.

    Steve Brecher wrote:

    > George <h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com> wrote:
    >
    >>The security of the site is an issue with me. I'd rather have a site
    >>that's not available at times, if at least it's secure - which
    >>Cingular's is not.
    >

    > Eh? As a new Cingular customer I just registered on the web site today.
    > When I log in, I get https://www.myaccount.cingular.com/... with an SSL
    > secured symbol in my browser.

    It's always worked that way for me too. <shrug>

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 22:07:36 -0600, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

    >Steve Brecher wrote:
    >
    >> George <h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/n@mailcity.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>The security of the site is an issue with me. I'd rather have a site
    >>>that's not available at times, if at least it's secure - which
    >>>Cingular's is not.
    >>

    >> Eh? As a new Cingular customer I just registered on the web site today.
    >> When I log in, I get https://www.myaccount.cingular.com/... with an SSL
    >> secured symbol in my browser.
    >>

    >It's always worked that way for me too. <shrug>
    >
    >--
    >jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Sorry, you're both wrong if you think the site is secure.

    See, the page, where you are asked to sign up, is not secure. I don't
    remember how ATT's was, when I first signed up, but notice how you're
    asked to enter you 10 digit, on a page that does NOT have the https.

    OK? Do you see that ? That is NOT a secured page, onto which you're
    being asked to enter your 10 digit, to being registration..

    Now, clear your browser's cache, and go to

    http://www.paypal.com

    ENTER IT EXACTLY AS SHOWN with the http:// AND NOT "https://"

    Then, don't log in if you have ann account, just try to get to
    paypal's main page.

    Now, see how it changed to "HTTPS:" instead of the "HTTP:" you just
    entered?

    Ah, a secure site.

    I'll answer your next question, now.

    It's a big deal TO ME because my 10 digit is personal info, and I
    only give it to persons I trust. And this site expects me to enter it
    onto a page without the https: ?

    Let me scratch my head to get my 2 brain cells going, and I'll get
    back to you on that.

    Cingular failed yet again - imagine that.

    =====================
    >>>Eh? As a new Cingular customer I just registered on the web site
    today.
    >>>When I log in, I get https://www.myaccount.cingular.com/... with an SSL
    >>>secured symbol in my browser.
    =====================

    This is the URL we were discussing....

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Not sure how secure the site is but most of the time it will not allow me to
    login.
    Latest message is:

    ERROR L111: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a temporary system error
    that prevents us from retrieving your account information. Please wait a
    moment and try again.

    I follow the instructions but same result.

    Maybe if I was a hacker I would have better luck ?

    Could be the site is too unreliable for a hacker to mess with ?

    After a year of works some of time I think they should fire the staft or
    contractor and start over.

    By the way the prepaid site has been solid the past year. The same site is
    used by Boost and it has been up and fast with current info. It is strange
    the prepaid side gets a rock solid site simple but works and post paid gets
    the leading edge but slow and unreliable.

    In <I-2dnU_wleRUoSjcRVn-rA@pghconnect.com> on Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:19:03 -0600,
    "Stanley Reynolds" <nospam_stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Not sure how secure the site is but most of the time it will not allow me to
    >login.
    >Latest message is:
    >
    >ERROR L111: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a temporary system error
    >that prevents us from retrieving your account information. Please wait a
    >moment and try again.
    >
    >I follow the instructions but same result.
    >
    >Maybe if I was a hacker I would have better luck ?
    >
    >Could be the site is too unreliable for a hacker to mess with ?
    >
    >After a year of works some of time I think they should fire the staft or
    >contractor and start over.

    This is post-merger, and much shorter period of time, and is the result of
    some very difficult work.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > This is post-merger, and much shorter period of time, and is the result of
    > some very difficult work.

    Not sure of the quote but president Bush said that this was "very hard work"
    in reference to the war in Iraq that I believe that. If keeping a web site
    up is "very difficult work" then it says the people doing this may need to
    be replaced with someone that can do it no problem. I think most web sites
    just work but not Cingular and this has been a problem the past year
    pre-merger.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <Mbbtd.9858$_3.116083@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > In <I-2dnU_wleRUoSjcRVn-rA@pghconnect.com> on Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:19:03 -0600,
    > "Stanley Reynolds" <nospam_stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Not sure how secure the site is but most of the time it will not allow me to
    > >login.
    > >Latest message is:
    > >
    > >ERROR L111: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a temporary system error
    > >that prevents us from retrieving your account information. Please wait a
    > >moment and try again.
    > >
    > >I follow the instructions but same result.
    > >
    > >Maybe if I was a hacker I would have better luck ?
    > >
    > >Could be the site is too unreliable for a hacker to mess with ?
    > >
    > >After a year of works some of time I think they should fire the staft or
    > >contractor and start over.
    >
    > This is post-merger, and much shorter period of time, and is the result of
    > some very difficult work.

    But Navas said it would be easy to handle this merger.

    Oct 29, 8:39 am show options
    Newsgroups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws
    From: John Navas
    Subject: Re: Going from ATTWS to Cingular
    Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
    original| Report Abuse

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    -- what matters is the
    number (one) and type of (compatible) back office systems. This
    integration
    actually looks to be easier than prior integrations.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

    In <jzwick3-FD0C86.23472306122004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Tue, 07 Dec
    2004 05:47:23 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >In article <Mbbtd.9858$_3.116083@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

    >> This is post-merger, and much shorter period of time, and is the result of
    >> some very difficult work.
    >
    >But Navas said it would be easy to handle this merger.

    Nope.

    >Oct 29, 8:39 am show options
    >Newsgroups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws
    >From: John Navas
    >Subject: Re: Going from ATTWS to Cingular
    >Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
    >original| Report Abuse
    >
    >-- what matters is the
    >number (one) and type of (compatible) back office systems. This
    >integration
    >actually looks to be easier than prior integrations.

    Which part of that don't you understand? Let's start with "what"... ;-)

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <IeKdncBEhstz3ijcRVn-uA@pghconnect.com> on Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:49:32 -0600,
    "Stanley Reynolds" <nospam_stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> This is post-merger, and much shorter period of time, and is the result of
    >> some very difficult work.
    >
    >Not sure of the quote but president Bush said that this was "very hard work"
    >in reference to the war in Iraq that I believe that. If keeping a web site
    >up is "very difficult work" then it says the people doing this may need to
    >be replaced with someone that can do it no problem.

    No offense, but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

    >I think most web sites
    >just work but not Cingular and this has been a problem the past year
    >pre-merger.

    These latest issues are clearly post-merger.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > >> This is post-merger, and much shorter period of time, and is the result
    of
    > >> some very difficult work.
    > >
    > >Not sure of the quote but president Bush said that this was "very hard
    work"
    > >in reference to the war in Iraq that I believe that. If keeping a web
    site
    > >up is "very difficult work" then it says the people doing this may need
    > >be replaced with someone that can do it no problem.
    >
    > No offense, but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

    No offense taken, but I know what I am talking about, Cingular's web site.
    And of the many web sites I use Cingular's site has had more problems the
    past year than 20 other sites I have used. Bank sites work, credit card
    sites work, broker sites work, even the prepaid Cingular site works. If you
    think that Cingular's web site problems started with the merger then
    "obviously have no idea what you're talking about." One thing that I have no
    idea about is what your spin on Cingular's problems is about.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    It's funny, with all the complaining most people do about technology
    they've got no clue about you'd think they'd up off their arses and go
    learn it themselves, then go to cingular or any company that has to
    keep a database of millions of records and go try to do their jobs for
    them. I am almost positive Cingular does nothing but hire the most
    talented web and database engineers and programmers and administrators
    for their systems, sure - they're not perfect by any means, but in my
    opinion they're doing a pretty good job so far. The site was out of
    service yesterday yes.. but it came back up by the end of the evening
    and all was fine.
    Quit your whining about issues you've not no idea about.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    It's funny, with all the complaining most people do about technology
    they've got no clue about you'd think they'd up off their arses and go
    learn it themselves, then go to cingular or any company that has to
    keep a database of millions of records and go try to do their jobs for
    them. I am almost positive Cingular does nothing but hire the most
    talented web and database engineers and programmers and administrators
    for their systems, sure - they're not perfect by any means, but in my
    opinion they're doing a pretty good job so far. The site was out of
    service yesterday yes.. but it came back up by the end of the evening
    and all was fine.
    Quit your whining about issues you've not no idea about.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    It's funny, with all the complaining most people do about technology
    they've got no clue about you'd think they'd up off their arses and go
    learn it themselves, then go to cingular or any company that has to
    keep a database of millions of records and go try to do their jobs for
    them. I am almost positive Cingular does nothing but hire the most
    talented web and database engineers and programmers and administrators
    for their systems, sure - they're not perfect by any means, but in my
    opinion they're doing a pretty good job so far. The site was out of
    service yesterday yes.. but it came back up by the end of the evening
    and all was fine.
    Quit your whining about issues you've not no idea about.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    It's funny, with all the complaining most people do about technology
    they've got no clue about you'd think they'd up off their arses and go
    learn it themselves, then go to cingular or any company that has to
    keep a database of millions of records and go try to do their jobs for
    them. I am almost positive Cingular does nothing but hire the most
    talented web and database engineers and programmers and administrators
    for their systems, sure - they're not perfect by any means, but in my
    opinion they're doing a pretty good job so far. The site was out of
    service yesterday yes.. but it came back up by the end of the evening
    and all was fine.
    Quit your whining about issues you've not no idea about.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Please excuse my 4? or so posts.. google posting fumbled on me. In
    fact.. now that this has happened, I may just open a new newsgroup on
    google about google and complain of their webserver error.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <9sGdneH0SNEvxijcRVn-jQ@pghconnect.com> on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 01:30:56 -0600,

    >of
    >> >
    >> >Not sure of the quote but president Bush said that this was "very hard
    >work"
    >> >in reference to the war in Iraq that I believe that. If keeping a web
    >site
    >> >up is "very difficult work" then it says the people doing this may need
    >> >be replaced with someone that can do it no problem.
    >>
    >> No offense, but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
    >>
    >No offense taken, but I know what I am talking about, Cingular's web site.
    >And of the many web sites I use Cingular's site has had more problems the
    >past year than 20 other sites I have used. Bank sites work, credit card
    >sites work, broker sites work, even the prepaid Cingular site works.

    My own experience, up until the merger, is that the reliability of Cingular's
    site has been a bit less than average for its class, but was nonetheless still
    reasonable, even as compared to financial sites, which aren't a good benchmark
    for a cellular company.

    I didn't say that. What I wrote (and you snipped) was:

    These latest issues are clearly post-merger.

    >One thing that I have no
    >idea about is what your spin on Cingular's problems is about.

    You don't like the message, so you attack the messenger. How nice.
    ,
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > >One thing that I have no
    > >idea about is what your spin on Cingular's problems is about.
    >
    > You don't like the message, so you attack the messenger. How nice.

    John I do agree with you Cingular's web site is below average we may
    disagree about the degree a bit vs a lot.

    The topic is not my IQ as addressed in your quote "No offense, but you
    obviously have no idea what you're talking about."

    The topic is not your IQ as your precieved "attack".

    My question is why your see Cingular's web site as only a bit below average
    ? When it is the least reliable site I've used the past year. I do not get a
    paper bill in the mail but down load the bill each month. I also check usage
    about once a week. Problems from very slow and broken links to not working
    at all. Due to the problems I spend a lot more time on the site than I want
    too. I do not think it has ever just worked. Do you use the account feature
    or is your use more general like checking the new plans ? I have noticed
    more problems with login features than the site in general.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "Marius" <mariusdb@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Please excuse my 4? or so posts.. google posting fumbled on me. In
    > fact.. now that this has happened, I may just open a new newsgroup on
    > google about google and complain of their webserver error.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7905&query=how+long+post&topic=0&type=f

    "How long does it take for my postings to appear in a group?

    In groups that aren't moderated, postings usually appear in seconds. Your
    posting will also show up in search results minutes after you submit it. All
    in all, it's pretty fast."

    I used google also and found the delay to be hours not minutes switched ISP
    to one that provided a better news server.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "and up until about 6 months ago, they would exchange a non-working
    phone
    right in the Cingular store. Then they moved to the mail order
    service. In
    my opinion, they've been hammering the bottom line in the executive
    board
    room, and customer service was one of the first areas to be targeted
    for
    reduction."

    I work for a Cingular and can tell you the XBM (Exchange by Mail)
    Program that Cingular initiated was one of the best things they have
    done. The program makes it easier on the customer and employees of
    Cingular. The purpose of the program was to allow the customer to
    exchange their phone without ever leaving their home. How much easier
    can they make it?

    But the biggest reason for the program was so that Cingular could
    guarantee the customer the same phone when exchanging. Since phones
    are phased out so quickly many stores were not able to exchange the
    customers phone for the same model. That was a big problem.

    Before you knock Cingular's Customer Service, be aware that Cingular is
    not the only company to go to the XBM Program, Verizon has too.

    --
    scott14661
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    > It's funny, with all the complaining most people do about technology
    > they've got no clue about you'd think they'd up off their arses and go
    > learn it themselves, then go to cingular or any company that has to
    > keep a database of millions of records and go try to do their jobs for
    > them. I am almost positive Cingular does nothing but hire the most
    > talented web and database engineers and programmers and administrators
    > for their systems, sure - they're not perfect by any means, but in my
    > opinion they're doing a pretty good job so far. The site was out of
    > service yesterday yes.. but it came back up by the end of the evening
    > and all was fine.
    > Quit your whining about issues you've not no idea about.

    Amen- great post.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <_IqdnS3hlcnGuCvcRVn-jA@pghconnect.com> on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:51:24 -0600,
    "Stanley Reynolds" <nospam_stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> >One thing that I have no
    >> >idea about is what your spin on Cingular's problems is about.
    >>
    >> You don't like the message, so you attack the messenger. How nice.
    >
    >John I do agree with you Cingular's web site is below average we may
    >disagree about the degree a bit vs a lot.

    Fair enough.

    >The topic is not my IQ as addressed in your quote "No offense, but you
    >obviously have no idea what you're talking about."
    >
    >The topic is not your IQ as your precieved "attack".

    My statement was in response to your:

    Not sure of the quote but president Bush said that this was "very
    hard work" in reference to the war in Iraq that I believe that. If
    keeping a web site up is "very difficult work" then it says the
    people doing this may need to be replaced with someone that can do it
    no problem.

    That kind of statement comes across as hopelessly naive and dismissive to
    those of us with real expertise in comparable enterprise-grade websites. It's
    "no problem" any more than the war in Iraq is proving to be the "no problem"
    promised by the Administration, likewise hopelessly naive and dismissive (of
    warnings).

    >My question is why your see Cingular's web site as only a bit below average
    >? When it is the least reliable site I've used the past year. I do not get a
    >paper bill in the mail but down load the bill each month. I also check usage
    >about once a week. Problems from very slow and broken links to not working
    >at all. Due to the problems I spend a lot more time on the site than I want
    >too. I do not think it has ever just worked. Do you use the account feature
    >or is your use more general like checking the new plans ? I have noticed
    >more problems with login features than the site in general.

    Prior to the merger, I regularly used the Cingular website, and usually didn't
    encounter problems. Recent problems are clearly a result of the major changes
    resulting from the merger, and are actually less troublesome than I expected.

  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    With google's updates of their free open usenet service, the replies
    seem to now get posted in a matter of seconds or a couple minutes as
    opposed to how it took hours before. I am enjoying google groups much
    more now.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > With google's updates of their free open usenet service, the replies
    > seem to now get posted in a matter of seconds or a couple minutes as
    > opposed to how it took hours before. I am enjoying google groups much
    > more now.

    I am glad it has improved, the search features and storage of old posts made
    it useful even when current posts took hours.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:25:02 -0600, scott14661
    <scott14661.1gx0w1@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    >"and up until about 6 months ago, they would exchange a non-working
    >phone
    >right in the Cingular store. Then they moved to the mail order
    >service. In
    >my opinion, they've been hammering the bottom line in the executive
    >board
    >room, and customer service was one of the first areas to be targeted
    >for
    >reduction."
    >
    >I work for a Cingular and can tell you the XBM (Exchange by Mail)
    >Program that Cingular initiated was one of the best things they have
    >done. The program makes it easier on the customer and employees of
    >Cingular. The purpose of the program was to allow the customer to
    >exchange their phone without ever leaving their home. How much easier
    >can they make it?
    >
    >But the biggest reason for the program was so that Cingular could
    >guarantee the customer the same phone when exchanging. Since phones
    >are phased out so quickly many stores were not able to exchange the
    >customers phone for the same model. That was a big problem.
    >
    >Before you knock Cingular's Customer Service, be aware that Cingular is
    >not the only company to go to the XBM Program, Verizon has too.

    I'll add a little on this. Cingular's XBM program can only work after
    you've had the phone for 30 days. I've got 4 defective V551 phones
    that were purchased from Best Buy. Best buy at this time has no V551's
    in stock. After much haggling with Cingular CS, I was finally given
    authority to return phones to Cingular store. About an hours drive
    from my house. They were also out of stock on V551. Also, no 64k sim
    cards. Best Buy and Cingular were loaded on 32k cards but no 64k. This
    is important to me because my home is in an area that my AT&T signal
    is a lot stronger than Cingular. Cingular would not send us 4 new
    phones unless I bought them, then returned the 4 defective ones to BB
    for a refund. They couldn't even send us 64k cards, I'ld have to buy
    them. All 4 phones have the white screen problem, which by itself
    isn't too bad, It's the dropped calls with the white screen that
    pisses me off. 2 of the phones also have a voice sending problem.
    Scratchy, breaking up.
    I'm not bitching on Cingular's CS, but, they're like robots following
    protocol from a book. It takes about 45 min to explain the whole deal
    about the problems we're having with our phones, including the fact
    that the local store has none in stock, And each time after explaining
    everything that's happened, they come back and tell me, we're giving
    you authorization to return the phones to the Cingular store. Folks,
    they don't have any, haven't you heard anything I've said. Very
    frustrating. I'm just waiting for BB to get some in stock, they don't
    know when but they've extended us another 30 days to return them.
    Hopefully, they'll get some within that 30 days.
    One thing I've learned. Don't buy a cell phone from a store other than
    an authorized cell phone store. One other thing, the XBM people don't
    even have any V551's in yet to fix and send out.

Cingular Email Internet Service Providers