mannual internet connection

After I make a mannual internet connection,It starts to send and recieve
without any other program running.There is no brower open or firewall or
messanging sytems running.And sometimes my cpu usage goes up to 100%.The
programs that is taking the usage is svchost.exe.After I disconnect then
sometimes my cpu usage goes up to 100% again.This time it is pctspk.exe.But
it is not all the time.
BUT WHAT DOES HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IS THE CONNECTION DOES NOT IDLE IT IS
ALWAYS SENDING AND RECIEVING
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I NEED HELP BAD I HAVE SPENT 50 HOUS OR SO.
4 answers Last reply
More about mannual internet connection

    Probably full of spyware. For starters, download, install, update and scan
    with Ad-aware SE Personal: http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    "connectionbad" <connectionbad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After I make a mannual internet connection,It starts to send and recieve
    > without any other program running.There is no brower open or firewall or
    > messanging sytems running.And sometimes my cpu usage goes up to 100%.The
    > programs that is taking the usage is svchost.exe.After I disconnect then
    > sometimes my cpu usage goes up to 100% again.This time it is
    > pctspk.exe.But
    > it is not all the time.
    > BUT WHAT DOES HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IS THE CONNECTION DOES NOT IDLE IT IS
    > ALWAYS SENDING AND RECIEVING
    > AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    > I NEED HELP BAD I HAVE SPENT 50 HOUS OR SO.

    When I deleted partition and reformatted the hard drive is when all this
    started to happen.I thought it was the modem.So I bought a new one.It is
    doing the same thing.It was working great before.

    connectionbad wrote:
    > When I deleted partition and reformatted the hard drive is when all this
    > started to happen.I thought it was the modem.So I bought a new one.It is
    > doing the same thing.It was working great before.
    >
    > "Chuck Davis" wrote:
    >

    >>Probably full of spyware. For starters, download, install, update and scan
    >>with Ad-aware SE Personal: http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    >>"connectionbad" <connectionbad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>After I make a mannual internet connection,It starts to send and recieve
    >>>without any other program running.There is no brower open or firewall or
    >>>messanging sytems running.And sometimes my cpu usage goes up to 100%.The
    >>>programs that is taking the usage is svchost.exe.After I disconnect then
    >>>sometimes my cpu usage goes up to 100% again.This time it is
    >>>pctspk.exe.But
    >>>it is not all the time.
    >>>BUT WHAT DOES HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IS THE CONNECTION DOES NOT IDLE IT IS
    >>>ALWAYS SENDING AND RECIEVING
    >>>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    >>>I NEED HELP BAD I HAVE SPENT 50 HOUS OR SO.

    After you reformatted did you connect to the Internet before
    activating a firewall or your anti virus? It only takes a few minutes
    for a machine to pick up up viruses or spyware.

    Others have suggested methods of eliminating spyware. Also
    make sure your anti virus program is up to date and check for
    viruses. Here's free online anti virus program.

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    gls858

    Ad-Aware does exactly what it's name says. I recommend using it in
    conjunction with Spybot, which is also what it says -

    johnf

    > Probably full of spyware. For starters, download, install, update and
    > scan with Ad-aware SE Personal: http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    > "connectionbad" <connectionbad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:234AFC24-5068-4DCE-B699-A6046F8E4B1D@microsoft.com...
    >> After I make a mannual internet connection,It starts to send and
    >> recieve without any other program running.There is no brower open or
    >> firewall or messanging sytems running.And sometimes my cpu usage goes
    >> up to 100%.The programs that is taking the usage is svchost.exe.After
    >> I disconnect then sometimes my cpu usage goes up to 100% again.This
    >> time it is pctspk.exe.But
    >> it is not all the time.
    >> BUT WHAT DOES HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IS THE CONNECTION DOES NOT IDLE IT IS
    >> ALWAYS SENDING AND RECIEVING
    >> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    >> I NEED HELP BAD I HAVE SPENT 50 HOUS OR SO.

Connection Internet Connection Windows XP