task manager grayed out

I've got a clien who's Task Manager has suddenly been grayed out both in the
Security Center and when he right-clicks on the task bar. No software has
recently been installed/upgraded, it's clear of virii and spyware. User
operates as a Power User. Any ideas? Thanks.

Matt

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93504.asp

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Matt Vogt" wrote:
| I've got a clien who's Task Manager has suddenly been grayed out both in
the
| Security Center and when he right-clicks on the task bar. No software has
| recently been installed/upgraded, it's clear of virii and spyware. User
| operates as a Power User. Any ideas? Thanks.
|
| Matt

Thanks so much! The value was set to 31. Foud out that client was hit with
MSN Messenger virus last week. Thanks again.

Matt

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93504.asp
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Matt Vogt" wrote:
> | I've got a clien who's Task Manager has suddenly been grayed out both in
> the
> | Security Center and when he right-clicks on the task bar. No software has
> | recently been installed/upgraded, it's clear of virii and spyware. User
> | operates as a Power User. Any ideas? Thanks.
> |
> | Matt

Glad to hear it. You're welcome.