task manager grayed out

I've got a clien who's Task Manager has suddenly been grayed out both in the
Security Center and when he right-clicks on the task bar. No software has
recently been installed/upgraded, it's clear of virii and spyware. User
operates as a Power User. Any ideas? Thanks.

Matt
3 answers Last reply
More about task manager grayed

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93504.asp

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Matt Vogt" wrote:
    | I've got a clien who's Task Manager has suddenly been grayed out both in
    the
    | Security Center and when he right-clicks on the task bar. No software has
    | recently been installed/upgraded, it's clear of virii and spyware. User
    | operates as a Power User. Any ideas? Thanks.
    |
    | Matt

    Thanks so much! The value was set to 31. Foud out that client was hit with
    MSN Messenger virus last week. Thanks again.

    Matt

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93504.asp
    >

    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Matt Vogt" wrote:
    > | I've got a clien who's Task Manager has suddenly been grayed out both in
    > the
    > | Security Center and when he right-clicks on the task bar. No software has
    > | recently been installed/upgraded, it's clear of virii and spyware. User
    > | operates as a Power User. Any ideas? Thanks.
    > |
    > | Matt

    Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

    --

    "Matt Vogt" wrote:
    | Thanks so much! The value was set to 31. Foud out that client was hit with
    | MSN Messenger virus last week. Thanks again.
    |
    | Matt

Microsoft Task Manager Windows