Timeout (30000 milliseconds) and Netman Errors in Syslog

Greetings,

After I installed the latest April 2005 Windows Update patches and
restarting the server, I got the following error messages in my System log.

Event ID: 10005
DCOM got error "The service did not respond to the start or control request
in a timely fashion. " attempting to start the service netman with arguments
"" in order to run the server:
{BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

Event ID: 7000
The Network Connections service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

Event ID: 7011
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the
Netman service.

Event ID: 7000
The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start due to the
following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

Event ID: 7011
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the
RasMan service.

This server is a Windows 2000 - SP4 server in a mixed Domain Mode (2003 and
2000), and it is also a A/D, WINS, DNS, etc server. The problems appear when
the system starts, but I am able to connect to it immediately via Remote
Client. At the time cannot get into "My Network Places" properties, and IE
doesn't load. This resolves itself over 10-15 minutes. The "Network
Connection" service should be Manual and started, but it isn't started. I
can start it manually and then view the properties of "My Network Places" and
all.

I have no RAS functions or modems on this system, and no such devices or
services were setup or configured.

Any suggestion on how to resolve these issues? Please help!

Thanks,
-Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about timeout 30000 milliseconds netman errors syslog

    Try to get this hotfix
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898060/ ...i have a similar problem but i
    couldnt get this hotfix yet.

    "Chris" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > After I installed the latest April 2005 Windows Update patches and
    > restarting the server, I got the following error messages in my System log.
    >
    > Event ID: 10005
    > DCOM got error "The service did not respond to the start or control request
    > in a timely fashion. " attempting to start the service netman with arguments
    > "" in order to run the server:
    > {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}
    >
    > Event ID: 7000
    > The Network Connections service failed to start due to the following error:
    > The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
    > fashion.
    >
    > Event ID: 7011
    > Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the
    > Netman service.
    >
    > Event ID: 7000
    > The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start due to the
    > following error:
    > The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
    > fashion.
    >
    > Event ID: 7011
    > Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the
    > RasMan service.
    >
    > This server is a Windows 2000 - SP4 server in a mixed Domain Mode (2003 and
    > 2000), and it is also a A/D, WINS, DNS, etc server. The problems appear when
    > the system starts, but I am able to connect to it immediately via Remote
    > Client. At the time cannot get into "My Network Places" properties, and IE
    > doesn't load. This resolves itself over 10-15 minutes. The "Network
    > Connection" service should be Manual and started, but it isn't started. I
    > can start it manually and then view the properties of "My Network Places" and
    > all.
    >
    > I have no RAS functions or modems on this system, and no such devices or
    > services were setup or configured.
    >
    > Any suggestion on how to resolve these issues? Please help!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Chris

Event Id Servers Windows