driver installation process

skynyrd4212

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
so after my new computers all put together, i'll turn it on, and if all goes well go into the bios and make things right (memory voltage ect), after that install my os (vista 64 bit most likely) and then install all the drivers,correct? my question is, should i first install the drivers for everything (video card, mouse, disk drive ect) that came with them on the disk, and then download the newest ones later, or just go straight to the newest versions. also, right off the bat will my video card work without the drivers installed, or will i be connecting the monitor to the vga or dvi port on the mobo?

thanks

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Well... unless you can get the drivers like from another comp (say you just like download them and put them on a floppy or flash-stick) you could just go with what came with the hardware and then update. It really doesn't matter as long as you get to the latest drivers.

Bjorn0

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
The default drivers that vista loads for your video card will be sufficient for you to use to go to your video card's website to download the drivers. So the only driver you will really need to install first before downloading all the updated ones would be your network driver.

There would be almost no point in installing all the drivers first, and then going back and reinstalling all the updated ones.