SmileCam overexposure problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 23, 2005 3:27:22 PM

I'm intersted in the SmileCam webcam but I understand it can be nearly
useless in daylight. I've seen evidence of this on SmileCam.com but
I've also seen SmileCams which seem not to have trouble with daylight.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Douglas G
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:59:52 AM

In news:1116872842.605429.223280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
douglas.gennetten@hp.com <douglas.gennetten@hp.com> the stupid moronic freak
from an alien planet where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:

ive had a smilecam running for years now....what i did to solve the problem
was i used the lens cover that came with the camera...took an old pair of
sunglasses and made a sun lens....

this worked so well i made one for my other smilecam.....

but saying that the camera has a few settings yu can play with too....so
altering the exposure and stuff can make a difference too....

http://www.quavis.co.uk/ the first webcam image and the background are from
a smilecam.....with a sunglass lens fitted...!

regards slayer

> I'm intersted in the SmileCam webcam but I understand it can be nearly
> useless in daylight. I've seen evidence of this on SmileCam.com but
> I've also seen SmileCams which seem not to have trouble with daylight.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this?
>
> Douglas G
May 25, 2005 2:10:15 AM

ThE SlAyEr wrote:
> In news:1116872842.605429.223280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
> douglas.gennetten@hp.com <douglas.gennetten@hp.com> the stupid moronic freak
> from an alien planet where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
>

> ive had a smilecam running for years now....what i did to solve the problem
> was i used the lens cover that came with the camera...took an old pair of
> sunglasses and made a sun lens....
>
> this worked so well i made one for my other smilecam.....
>
> but saying that the camera has a few settings yu can play with too....so
> altering the exposure and stuff can make a difference too....
>
> http://www.quavis.co.uk/ the first webcam image and the background are from
> a smilecam.....with a sunglass lens fitted...!
>
> regards slayer
>

>>I'm intersted in the SmileCam webcam but I understand it can be nearly
>>useless in daylight. I've seen evidence of this on SmileCam.com but
>>I've also seen SmileCams which seem not to have trouble with daylight.
>>
>>Can anyone shed some light on this?
>>
>>Douglas G

http://www.quavis.co.uk/ wow!...that is one difficult page to make any
sense out of! :-)
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 2:10:16 AM

In news:429319ab$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au,
kim <relique_50@yahoo.com.au> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet
where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
> ThE SlAyEr wrote:
>> In news:1116872842.605429.223280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
>> douglas.gennetten@hp.com <douglas.gennetten@hp.com> the stupid
>> moronic freak from an alien planet where his/her mother was a
>> universal whore, wrote: ive had a smilecam running for years now....what
>> i did to solve the
>> problem was i used the lens cover that came with the camera...took
>> an old pair of sunglasses and made a sun lens....
>>
>> this worked so well i made one for my other smilecam.....
>>
>> but saying that the camera has a few settings yu can play with
>> too....so altering the exposure and stuff can make a difference
>> too.... http://www.quavis.co.uk/ the first webcam image and the
>> background
>> are from a smilecam.....with a sunglass lens fitted...!
>>
>> regards slayer
>>

>>> I'm intersted in the SmileCam webcam but I understand it can be
>>> nearly useless in daylight. I've seen evidence of this on
>>> SmileCam.com but I've also seen SmileCams which seem not to have
>>> trouble with daylight. Can anyone shed some light on this?
>>>
>>> Douglas G
>>

> http://www.quavis.co.uk/ wow!...that is one difficult page to make
> any sense out of! :-)

glad you liked it..... actually i built it for my own use as a start
page.....but it does exactly what i needed it to do.... what do you find
difficult about it?

obviously i see it as the easiest page on the net,, but i like to hear yr
opinions...

regards slayer
!