ASUS P5B-E VS GIGABYTE DS3

Which one would be better for overclocking and stability in general. I need firewire but I could add it with a PCI card if the DS3 is better.
5 answers Last reply
More about asus gigabyte
  1. The DS3 scales well all the way to 500+Mhz, while the P5B-E struggles for 450Mhz...
    If your overclocking goal is below this feel free to pick among them just based on features though.
  2. This review http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2871&p=14 shows that P5B-E is better in overclocking. Are there any other reviews that compare the two and show the DS3 having better results?
  3. But that is only if you can get the right revision of the board. Which is impossible to tell from a e-tailer. The other revision (and the one everyone seems to be getting) isnt that shiny of a OCer.
    As I said:
    Quote:
    If your overclocking goal is below this feel free to pick among them just based on features though.
  4. acctually acording to that chart. the P5B-e rev. 1.01G is still better then the DS3. i have the P5B-e plus, and while it is a good board, look out for Ram trouble.

i went with P5b-e plus over ds3 mostly cause of the features that fit well with what i wanted, but also its a great overclocker. even at 1.01G.

As far as i can tell the difference between 1.01G and 1.02G are bios options, for voltage regulation for the chipset and Vdimm up to 2.4v these are pressent on my p5b-e plus board to though, even though its a rev. 1.01G
    i think the key is geting the elusive C2 chipset

see anandtech cover of this

Asus rev. numbering go figure. :roll:
  5. P5B-E Plus is a different motherboard, you cant compare it. The P5B-E Plus has the same BIOS as a P5B Dlx and the same PCB, the same MOSFETs and VRMs, everything. The only difference from it to a P5B Dlx is the second PCIe X16.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Overclocking Gigabyte