msicuu2.exe - Winodws Inataller annoyance

I want to eliminate an annoying problem I have of Windows Installer
popping up every time I use Outlook (Office 2003).

I found msicuu2.exe and want to run it but I need to know what I need to
do to allow me to execute the program since when I try I get the message
"the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".

I am logged on as administrator and I am guessing that I would have to
enable something in Local Services, but what?

I have Windows XP Pro.
2 answers Last reply
More about msicuu2 winodws inataller annoyance

    Windows Installer is probably trying to install something for Outlook that
    has install on demand. Let it install whatever option that is.

    Or have a look at this for a couple of solutions.

    Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an Application

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23feSrDb$EHA.3836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Ron Joiner <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:
    > I want to eliminate an annoying problem I have of Windows Installer
    > popping up every time I use Outlook (Office 2003).
    >
    > I found msicuu2.exe and want to run it but I need to know what I need
    > to do to allow me to execute the program since when I try I get the
    > message "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this
    > installation".
    >
    > I am logged on as administrator and I am guessing that I would have to
    > enable something in Local Services, but what?
    >
    > I have Windows XP Pro.
  2. Right click on the icon and choose, "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" from the drop-down menu!

Windows Installer Microsoft Windows XP