Recommend hardware firewall/router? Wireless or not

doug-jensen

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I'm using the discontinued 3Com OfficeConnect Internet Firewall DMZ. I don't need the DMZ although it's nice to have. I do need the 100 connections, as opposed to the 25 connections for the non-DMZ version (also discontinued). I would like to replace the 3Com with a current supported product. I would greatly appreciate reommendations. Thank you,

--Doug, jensen@real-time.org

doug-jensen

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Essentially I'm looking for an equivalent to the 3Com firewall. DMZ is nice but not mandatory. Don't need content filtering. Need at least (say) 50 static and dynamic connections (3Com OfficeConnect firewalls have 100 or 25 without DMZ). Of course I need full router functionality. (I have picky desires, like color and form factor, but we'll ignore those.)

The 3Com OfficeConnect DMZ firewall cost in the vacinity of $500; they still show up on eBay used in the several hundred buck category, and there are a few new old stock (it's discontinued) ones on the web in the 500-600 range. I don't have a hard price constraint; lower is better of course, but I'd rather not pay thousands for an enterprise class firewall. Up to say $1000 I wouldn't have heartburn.

Thank you.

--Doug, jensen@real-time.org