Changing the Scheduled Tasks on another PC

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 3, 2005 8:11:59 PM

I have a PC that runs tasks throughout the day. I cannot do things on that
PC while the tasks are running - it's a screen scraper and the task will
fail if i use the mouse or keyboard. I can map that PC as a drive and then
change files from another PC so is there a way to change the scheduled tasks
that way?
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 12:38:21 PM

"Sandra" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
> I have a PC that runs tasks throughout the day. I cannot do things on that
> PC while the tasks are running - it's a screen scraper and the task will
> fail if i use the mouse or keyboard. I can map that PC as a drive and then
> change files from another PC so is there a way to change the scheduled
tasks
> that way?

You're supposed to be able to do it like so although I admit
that it did not always work for me:

- Create the job on your own PC.
- Copy its task file from your own PC to c:\winnt\tasks on the other PC.
- Lauch "My Network Places" / "Computers Near Me".
- Double-click desired PC, then "Scheduled Tasks"
- Set the proper account & password and change anything else you like.
!