XP pro activation....again......

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have a campaq 1200 laptop and recently every time I start up I have to
reactivate
xp.I saved the activation numbers first time but I'm fed up inputting every
day.I
dont have an internet connection on this laptop.Any ideas pls?

Try the following:

Start/Run
Type "oobe/msoobe /a" without the quotes and press enter ENTER
Follow the prompts
Or
Reboot to Safe Mode:
Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select Safe Mode at the menu

Start/Run
Type "regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll" without the quotes, press ENTER
Type "regsvr32.exe licdll.dll" without the quotes, press ENTER

Reboot.

Note, you may need to activate again by doing the above but it should not
prompt you thereafter.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"john" <foods@eircom.net> wrote in message
>I have a campaq 1200 laptop and recently every time I start up I have to
> reactivate
> xp.I saved the activation numbers first time but I'm fed up inputting
> every
> day.I
> dont have an internet connection on this laptop.Any ideas pls?

You're welcome, good luck.