Win2003 SP1 freezes startup

I put SP1 on a win2003 AD DC and it hangs at preparing network connections.

Any help appreciated

CR

codigo

"MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I put SP1 on a win2003 AD DC and it hangs at preparing network
connections.

> Any help appreciated
>
> CR

F9 for boot menu - Last known Good configuration

codigo

"codigo" <codigo@codigo.trap.com> wrote in message

> "MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > I put SP1 on a win2003 AD DC and it hangs at preparing network
> connections.
> >
> > Any help appreciated
> >
> > CR
> >

> F9 for boot menu - Last known Good configuration

duh - F8

Are you able to boot the server to Safe Mode? If so, check the event logs
for anything that might identify what's hanging.

If you aren't able to get to Safe Mode, follow the steps in Knowledge Base
article 825062 Service Pack 4 Permits You to Remove the Service Pack by
Using the (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825062) to remove the service
pack files. The article mentions Windows 2000, but the steps are the same.
Once done, browse to the Windows\System32\Config folder, rename System to
System.old, Software to Software.old, and then rename System.sp1 to System
and Software.sp1 to Software. Once done, type Exit. This will restart the
system. Boot to Normal mode and try to log in. If you are still unable to,
post the results here with the exact wording of any error messages you may
receive during the boot process.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.