How to map Logitech keyboard play/pause/stop/etc keys to w..

I have a logitech keyboard which has play/pause/stop/next/previous keys
on the top row.

When I press the play it brings up Microsoft CD Player. I want to
bring up Winamp. Is this possible ?

I also want to disable the Sleep key on the keyboard. Cause when I
accidentally press it, there is no way I can bring the machine out of
sleep.

Thanks.

Have you looked in the logitech keyboard Help?

flahmeshess wrote:

> I have a logitech keyboard which has play/pause/stop/next/previous keys
> on the top row.
>
> When I press the play it brings up Microsoft CD Player. I want to
> bring up Winamp. Is this possible ?
>
> I also want to disable the Sleep key on the keyboard. Cause when I
> accidentally press it, there is no way I can bring the machine out of
> sleep.
>
> Thanks.

paulstelian97

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014
Use the scancode map. This can be graphically edited using SharpKeys from RandyRants.com (at least that's where the details from the executable file link). I have changed other useless keys to something more useful. I have seen the actual logitech keys as options. You can also remap a key even if it is not specifically on the list (it must be there with the label of unknown though, but I guess all possible scancodes are there).

Remap them to Windows media keys, then using a registry modification change what the Windows media keys do (this one is something I can look up, I have just made the problem more general and somewhat more common, I have actually found a solution while looking for a fix for my own keyboard, but I've lost it -- I erase my Internet history very often)