Close open files sessions?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Do you know of a dos command I could use on a Windows 2000 server to instruct
it to close all open sessions \ files?

Essentially I have a home grown application running on a Windows 2000 server
that runs a nightly process. In order for the nightly process to complete
all users must close out of the system. If they don’t my overnight operator
has to call and wake me to manually close open sessions. I would like to
schedule a batch file to close any open sessions automatically.

--
CJM

net session /delete /y

or pause the server service.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Chris" wrote:
| Do you know of a dos command I could use on a Windows 2000 server to
instruct
| it to close all open sessions \ files?
|
| Essentially I have a home grown application running on a Windows 2000
server
| that runs a nightly process. In order for the nightly process to complete
| all users must close out of the system. If they don't my overnight
operator
| has to call and wake me to manually close open sessions. I would like to
| schedule a batch file to close any open sessions automatically.
|
| --
| CJM

TRENDING THREADS