system state backup

Tim

I was noticing that my system state backups were failing on my exchange box.
this server is my mail server running exchange, file print, all the roles....
( i know, not good)
Anyway when i look in the system state directory to do a backup I notice the
"active directory" folder is not in the listing. This is why my backups are
failing, its trying to find it. Why isnt it there??
What am i missing or what has been turned off? Everything seems to be
running well within the domain, backups are my only issue.

Tim

Tim

I figured it out. the previous IT tard had checked the box in the Server OU
in active directory to block policy inheritance.
This did 2 things. (that i know of)
Didnt allow me to change the password age and length for the domain.
Didnt allow permissions to view the active directory within the system
state. IE no backup of AD.

Unchecked the box and rebooted, all is well.

Tim