  • Webcams
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 3, 2005 3:20:56 PM

I found WINTLV but it looks like the original author (C3) are no longer in
business so I cant register the copy to unlock the extra features. Any
suggestions for other time lapse software for use with a webcam? Just
something simple, I am not looking for a complex security answer. Found
plenty on Google but nothing relevant.

More about : time lapse

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:10:21 AM

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:20:56 GMT, "GBH"
<geoff.hamilton1@NOSPAMTHANXntlworld.com> wrote:

>I found WINTLV but it looks like the original author (C3) are no longer in
>business so I cant register the copy to unlock the extra features. Any
>suggestions for other time lapse software for use with a webcam? Just
>something simple, I am not looking for a complex security answer. Found
>plenty on Google but nothing relevant.

I've got some info at the below link on a simple free time lapse
webcam capture setup.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 4:17:41 PM

Hi all

I am currently working on a webcam package.
Time lapse is not yet supported, but it might be added in.
Do motion detection and create a video with the captured frames
using some 3rd party software.

You can get the software here:
http://logisphere.seiz.ch/en/?acpw

Features:
- tilt pan control
- optional live webcam pictures
- web server included
- ftp upload
- local save
- motion detection
- runs on any windows system with the .NET framework installed
- supports any video capture device (although tilt/pan is only possible
with the Logitech PTZ [ Sphere | Orbit ] cameras)
- windows media streaming (audio and video)
- motion jpeg streaming
June 7, 2005 2:46:55 PM

Stefan Seiz wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am currently working on a webcam package.

can I create panoramo shots with this package? I want to use a sphere to
shoot a series of shots across the horizon - either to be displayed as
individual shots or to be meshed into a panorama.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:23:07 AM

GBH <geoff.hamilton1@NOSPAMTHANXntlworld.com> spewed:
> I found WINTLV but it looks like the original author (C3) are no
> longer in business so I cant register the copy to unlock the extra
> features. Any suggestions for other time lapse software for use with
> a webcam? Just something simple, I am not looking for a complex
> security answer. Found plenty on Google but nothing relevant.

http://www.homewatcher.com

It will do what you want. I use the 1.5 version, since the newest version
seems to get a bit buggered on my PC for some reason.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 3:49:25 AM

davidof wrote:

> can I create panoramo shots with this package? I want to use a sphere to
> shoot a series of shots across the horizon - either to be displayed as
> individual shots or to be meshed into a panorama.

not yet - good idea ;-)

http://logisphere.seiz.ch
June 5, 2009 2:43:08 PM

just use yawcam.
June 10, 2009 10:50:50 PM

Yawcam is a CPU hog.
June 11, 2009 5:36:18 AM

saltyvinegar said:
Yawcam is a CPU hog.

bah, turn off the preview and yawcam is quite efficient. I run it on a netbook and it's barely even taxing the machine.

-g
!