Time lapse

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

I found WINTLV but it looks like the original author (C3) are no longer in
business so I cant register the copy to unlock the extra features. Any
suggestions for other time lapse software for use with a webcam? Just
something simple, I am not looking for a complex security answer. Found
plenty on Google but nothing relevant.

G
8 answers Last reply
More about time lapse
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:20:56 GMT, "GBH"
    <geoff.hamilton1@NOSPAMTHANXntlworld.com> wrote:

    >I found WINTLV but it looks like the original author (C3) are no longer in
    >business so I cant register the copy to unlock the extra features. Any
    >suggestions for other time lapse software for use with a webcam? Just
    >something simple, I am not looking for a complex security answer. Found
    >plenty on Google but nothing relevant.

    I've got some info at the below link on a simple free time lapse
    webcam capture setup.

    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Hi all

    I am currently working on a webcam package.
    Time lapse is not yet supported, but it might be added in.
    Do motion detection and create a video with the captured frames
    using some 3rd party software.


    You can get the software here:
    http://logisphere.seiz.ch/en/?acpw


    Features:
    - tilt pan control
    - optional live webcam pictures
    - web server included
    - ftp upload
    - local save
    - motion detection
    - runs on any windows system with the .NET framework installed
    - supports any video capture device (although tilt/pan is only possible
    with the Logitech PTZ [ Sphere | Orbit ] cameras)
    - windows media streaming (audio and video)
    - motion jpeg streaming
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Stefan Seiz wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I am currently working on a webcam package.

    can I create panoramo shots with this package? I want to use a sphere to
    shoot a series of shots across the horizon - either to be displayed as
    individual shots or to be meshed into a panorama.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    GBH <geoff.hamilton1@NOSPAMTHANXntlworld.com> spewed:
    > I found WINTLV but it looks like the original author (C3) are no
    > longer in business so I cant register the copy to unlock the extra
    > features. Any suggestions for other time lapse software for use with
    > a webcam? Just something simple, I am not looking for a complex
    > security answer. Found plenty on Google but nothing relevant.
    >
    > G

    http://www.homewatcher.com

    It will do what you want. I use the 1.5 version, since the newest version
    seems to get a bit buggered on my PC for some reason.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    davidof wrote:


    > can I create panoramo shots with this package? I want to use a sphere to
    > shoot a series of shots across the horizon - either to be displayed as
    > individual shots or to be meshed into a panorama.

    not yet - good idea ;-)

    --
    ----------------------------------------------------
    http://logisphere.seiz.ch
    ----------------------------------------------------
  6. just use yawcam.
  7. Yawcam is a CPU hog.
  8. saltyvinegar said:
    Yawcam is a CPU hog.


    bah, turn off the preview and yawcam is quite efficient. I run it on a netbook and it's barely even taxing the machine.

    -g
Ask a new question

Read More

Webcams Peripherals