I want the entire filename of my icon to be visible.

really long filename should be visible.txt on the desktop
not "really long filena.txt"
Thank you.
4 answers Last reply
More about entire filename icon visible

    These *might* help.

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/prork/prdf_fls_ggrm.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/46655.asp

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "jd" wrote:
    | really long filename should be visible.txt on the desktop
    | not "really long filena.txt"
    | Thank you.

    Sorry. Windows can't do that.

    "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
    > really long filename should be visible.txt on the desktop
    > not "really long filena.txt"
    > Thank you.

    Are you sure? I don't see why it can't be changed. There's obviously a
    setting somewhere that hides the last part of long file names, so I would
    assume there's a way to modify it.

    "Walterius" <invalid@nowhere.not> wrote in message
    > Sorry. Windows can't do that.
    >
    > "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
    > > really long filename should be visible.txt on the desktop
    > > not "really long filena.txt"
    > > Thank you.

    In desktop properties you can change the horizontal and vertical icon
    spacing values. By using ridiculously large values you can mostly accomplish
    what you've described. I don't know what the maximums for these settings
    might be.

    "GO" <aa533@remove.this.chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
    > Are you sure? I don't see why it can't be changed. There's obviously a
    > setting somewhere that hides the last part of long file names, so I would
    > assume there's a way to modify it.
    >

    > "Walterius" <invalid@nowhere.not> wrote in message
    > > Sorry. Windows can't do that.
    > >
    > > "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
    > > > really long filename should be visible.txt on the desktop
    > > > not "really long filena.txt"
    > > > Thank you.

Microsoft Filename Windows