Security Log Files

Recently my server was hacked. Since the day of the attack, my security logs
have not been updating. I look to see if the event viewer service was
running and that was ok. All of the other logs are working fine. What could
be causing this action.
1 answer Last reply
More about security files

    The file may be corrupt. Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services|Event
    Log Service|General, set the "Startup Type:" to "Disabled" restart the pc,
    then delete (or move) the corrupt *.evt file(s) from
    %windir%\system32\config then set the Event Log Service "Startup Type:" back
    to "Automatic", restart for effect.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mark" wrote:
    | Recently my server was hacked. Since the day of the attack, my security
    logs
    | have not been updating. I look to see if the event viewer service was
    | running and that was ok. All of the other logs are working fine. What
    could
    | be causing this action.

Security Servers Event Viewer Hacked Microsoft Windows