Auto login of the administrator.

This should be simple but I can't find how to do this anywhere. All I need
is a Windows 2000 server to auto login the admin at boot up. I know I've
done it in the past but I may of used powertoys to do it. I can't find
TweakUI for 2000 anywhere now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Paul

Use the reghack in this article.

How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q234562/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Paul Anderson" wrote:
| This should be simple but I can't find how to do this anywhere. All I
need
| is a Windows 2000 server to auto login the admin at boot up. I know I've
| done it in the past but I may of used powertoys to do it. I can't find
| TweakUI for 2000 anywhere now. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

| Paul

Its easy, but not very secure

Registry Key:
-------------

KeyName: Type: Value:
--------- ----- -----

AutoAdminLogon String 1
DefaultUserName String [Username Here]
DefaultPassword String [Password Here]
DefaultDomainName String [Domain Name Here] <----
Unneeded if not logging on to a domain
ForceAutoLogon String 1 <------- Windows
2000 Only

I hope this helps

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Basically Dave you pointed the user to information that I already given,
whereas, mine is by memory yours is by KB link

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE