New pc Built just need a vid card...suggestions?

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
It depends on your budget for the card and what kind of C2D your getting, answer those questions first and we'll have a better icture of the situation. i have/getting a 1950xt myself (not enough cash to get an 8800gts). The 8xxx line of gfx cards have a fairly severe cpu bottleneck, so you need a good proc to fully utilize the card.

itpromike

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Well I'm getting an e6600 and oc'ing the heck out of it if possible... Looking at options for the best HSF to put on it as we speak and I think I might go with the tuniq tower 120...

Based on that what do you think about video card? I'm not really working with a budget constraint at this time... but at the same time I don't want to buy this thing and then the r600 comes out in 3 weeks and I have to buy that too... I know no one knows how the r600 will perform yet but if it destroys the 8800 then I don't want to waist money... know what I mean? Then again since this is an nvidia board I can just SLI 8800gtx... however the r600 performs I'm sure one single r600 won't outperform SLI 8800gtx's... what do you think?

itpromike

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Man I'm having a heck of a time deciding between the ULTRA 120 or The Tuniq Tower 120... any ideas on that anyone? Also if you had your choice would you have chosen the striker or the new DFI R600 board that just came out? Seeing as I'm probably going to only do single vid card configuration SLI vs Crossfire doesn't matter much to me and even if I do decide to do dual cards...I'll just go with 2 that whatever my motherboard can handle all be it ATI or NVIDIA as I'm sure both solutions will get plent of frames for my 1680x1050 monitor... So as far as stability, performance, and extras...which board would you guys probably prefer? I could send the striker back and get the new DFI R600 board just need some opinions...

TRENDING THREADS