fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
I was wondering something about Intel MB, in the many MB suggestion threads I have seen around rarely do I see Intel MB recommended. Why is that ? Do they make crappy MB ? Since they are making the CPU you would be lead to believe that they know what's best for their CPU to work at top efficiency. Also, I would think that they at least have the resources to make the best MB, unless the matter is more about the know how instead of the $$$$$.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I was wondering something about Intel MB, in the many MB suggestion threads I have seen around rarely do I see Intel MB recommended. Why is that ? Do they make crappy MB ? Since they are making the CPU you would be lead to believe that they know what's best for their CPU to work at top efficiency. Also, I would think that they at least have the resources to make the best MB, unless the matter is more about the know how instead of the $$$$$.
They make great motherboards, but they don't cater to overclocking like the enthusiast-level motherboards. Sometimes, they are on the expensive side, also, when you consider some of the imposed limitations. GL :)

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
Ok I see, so Intel MB would be a good choice for somebody who's not into OC. Someone like me who run is rig stock, well not exactly like me since I have an AMD CPU.....

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Ok I see, so Intel MB would be a good choice for somebody who's not into OC. Someone like me who run is rig stock, well not exactly like me since I have an AMD CPU.....
Yes, their motherboards are known for very good(sometimes...but not always, exceptional)performance, and generally..utmost stability. It's much the same as with video cards. ATI/nVidia make a reference model(their own idea of how the card should be set-up...specs, etc.) then the other companies...ASUS, XFX, BFG, eVGA..etc. take the standard specs and build on that. Maybe a different GPU cooler/RAM sinks, different vRAM(faster, more, etc.)maybe 2xDVI-out, bundles,accessories, etc. etc.

DavidC1

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Others are true in what they are saying. Intel motherboards are not for overclocking, or any type of "modding"(generally, some exceptions arise like their top of the line Bad Axe series), and they are meant for stable, working systems, which is what the majority of the customers for Intel motherboards want.

I do have to say their motherboards are picky about correct installation procedures, I am not new to computers but had hard time installing the programs bundled by Intel to work properly, and I learned something new. But when you do get them to work, they'll work reliably.

Also, the pricing is not so bad, I was looking for a cheap Intel chipset board for another computer and the available one happened to be an... Intel board!!