How can I controll the applications in a Win2K ADS network?

How can I controll the applications in a Win2K ADS network
environment?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-controll-applications-Win2K-ADS-network-ftopict368314.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1189913

http://www.usenet.com

codigo

"Rath" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> How can I controll the applications in a Win2K ADS network
> environment?

You can publish or assign applications via a Group Policy Object and RIS.
Since an OU can be managed by a GPO, you can control who gets what,
distribute patches and even mark an application as out of scope, etc. There
are a bunch of issues you need to deal with like whether the application
supports msi scripts and so on (including workarounds as well).

The suggestion is that you consult some whitepapers on managed AD
application distribution and various relevent documentation as well as
test-run the possible solution. Google for AD topics.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/advanced/help/sag_WinInstall_Managed_Environments.htm

If you are asking for something else, it would help if you were a little
more specific.

"Rath" wrote:
> How can I controll the applications in a Win2K ADS network
> environment?

thanks for the information.

http://www.usenet.com