How do I setup an network with a domain in Windows XP Pro

January 20, 2005 11:30:54 AM

TIA
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 11:30:55 AM

Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"cds" <cdsaus2001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> TIA

January 20, 2005 11:30:55 AM

cds wrote:
> TIA

You need a Domain server. if you have to ask, then you haven't the
technical knowledge.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(4 weeks and

Try using Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003 Server as a domain controller.
XP Pro is a client OS.

"cds" <cdsaus2001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> TIA

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 11:30:55 AM

cds wrote:
> TIA

To create a domain, you would need to start with a server operating
system, such as WinNT 4.0 Server (may it rest in peace), Win2K Server,
or Windows Server 2003.

WinXP Pro, as a workstation operating system, is an excellent
choice for a client OS to use on the domain's workstations. WinXP Home,
however, is not designed to, nor can it truly be made to, join a WinNT,
Win2K or Win2K3 domain.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 9:33:09 AM

Yeah - well thanks for the benefit of your wisdom! or maybe that is just
reacting to someone who is condescending
"Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> cds wrote:
>> TIA
> You need a Domain server. if you have to ask, then you haven't the
> technical knowledge.
>
> --
> Registered Linux User no 240308
> Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(4 weeks and
> counting!)
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> to email me remove the obvious!
January 21, 2005 9:33:10 AM

cds wrote:
> Yeah - well thanks for the benefit of your wisdom! or maybe that is just
> reacting to someone who is condescending

Not at all - it's quite a technical business setting up a domain server
- one that you won't easily manage by asking questions in a newsgroup.

--
!