How can I monitor Scheduled Tasks?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.applications (More info?)

Is there any way to monitor Scheduled Tasks in Windows 2000? I have
several Scheduled Tasks and I can't believe that there is not an easy
way to monitor them in case they fail. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.applications (More info?)

I was thinking of that. It would be so much easier to parse the log if
the latest entry was at the end of the file instead of somewhere in the
middle.

Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.applications (More info?)

Check the exit code and Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<pshroads@gmail.com> wrote:
| Is there any way to monitor Scheduled Tasks in Windows 2000? I have
| several Scheduled Tasks and I can't believe that there is not an easy
| way to monitor them in case they fail. Am I missing something?
|
| Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.applications (More info?)

Use the log file:

Registry Key:
--------------

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SchedulingAgent

Key Names:
-----------

LogPath String [Path to log file] <------
%SystemRoot%\SchedLgU.Txt (on my development machine)
MaxLogSizeKB DWORD 0x00000020 (32 KB)

All you need to do is change the location of the log file to make it more
accessable

I hope this help

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

<pshroads@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to monitor Scheduled Tasks in Windows 2000? I have
> several Scheduled Tasks and I can't believe that there is not an easy
> way to monitor them in case they fail. Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks!

You could easily monitor them by embedding the scheduled command
in a batch file and modifying the batch file like so:

@echo off
"c:\tools\Your Scheduled Application.exe"
if %ErrorLevel% GTR 0 call c:\Tools\Monitor.bat AppName %ErrorLevel%

Now create c:\Tools\Monitor.bat and place some suitable lines
of code inside, e.g. to create an entry in the Windows Event Logger,
or to send an EMail message to yourself.