Hi to all,

Just upgraded XP home to XP pro.
While running some Dos editors and repeating a key the characters appear
irregularly. Seems that they are saved in the keyboard buffer but the program
gets them in bursts of 2-4 chars. That's too bad when you use the arrow keys.
No slow-down with displaying long text files or doing math/graphics.

At the Dos prompt and with Edit the repeat works okay.
Borland BP7 and Magellan-editor have this problem.
Playing with the Idle Sensitivity didn't help.
Never had that with XP Home or any other Windows version.

Any idea?
thanks,
Gil

Sorry guys,

I forgot that the first remedy is to REBOOT!
But another First is checking what you did last, and that was upgrading
Windows....

Gil